tawasal

13 facts about Jason Voorhees and F13...

13 Little Known Facts About Jason Voorhees and Friday the 13th... ''

WHICH BAUMER KNOWS ALL.... (I BELIEVE)

From >>> http://coed.com/2013/09/13/friday-the-13th-facts/

[*]

Original Mask

The original mask that was created for the Jason character was sculpted out of an old Detroit Red Wings goalie mask.

[*]

Actors

Since the original film came out in 1980, more than 10 actors have portrayed the Jason character. These roles were cast to both young and old, and some ended up not even receiving credits for their work. (More on one of them later on).

[*]

Why Jason?

The creator of Jason, Victor Miller, has two sons named Josh and Ian. He named the character Jason because he felt it was a combination of Josh and Ian and used it as a way to pay homage to his children. Pretty messed up character to name after your kids if you ask me.

[*]

Three Months?!

The scene in which Jason drags Alice into the lake at the end of the film took three months to film. Issues frequently popped up, causing re-shoot after re-shoot for a three month period. Really makes you see how actors can lose their sh*t during production of a horror movie. Watch the clip here.

[*]

Real Life Stalker

Actress Adrienne King, who portrays Alice, was actually tormented by a real life stalker in the years following the films release. This creep attempted to kick in her apartment door and drew creepy drawings on Adrienne's artwork. This freaked her out so much that she didn't act for a period of nearly 30 years to stay out of the limelight for any future potential stalkers.

[*]

Total Body Count

Jason's body count throughout the films (not including unfortunate ghetto blasters, cars, and boats) is 146.  

[*]

Poor Crediting

Steve Daskawisz portrayed Jason in all but two scenes in Friday the 13th Part 2, but when he saw the film credits he was left out. Instead, Warrington Gillette, who was in the unmasking scene received full credit. Daskawisz received only credit as a stunt double, pretty f*cked up seeing as he putting in so much time and effort into the role.

[*]

Jason's Not Alway The Murder

Contrary to popular belief, Jason's not always the killer. In the first movie, Jason's mother is actually the killer and in the fifth one it's an ambulance driver or a paramedic who just dresses up as Jason.

[*]

Jason Was Also Lord Zedd

As we mentioned before, there were a few actors who played Jason Voorhees. Perhaps the most revered of them all was stuntman Kane Hodder, also known for playing the part of Lord Zedd from Power Rangers. Side note: Willam Defoe was the voice of that character.

[*]

He's A Victim

According to the creator of the Jason character, "Jason was dead from the very beginning; he was a victim, not a villain." Yeah? Tell that to the countless innocent victims who lost their lives at the hands of this monster!

[*]

Friday the 13th Part V

In the fifth film, "A New Beginning", an actress named Debi Sue Voorhees portrayed the character Tina. Naturally Tina was slaughtered by the masked assassin moments after having sex. The death, while standard, was pretty monumental because the actress shares the same last name as the infamous slasher Jason.

[*]

Deformation

The original conception of Jason was simply as a normal looking boy. It wasn't until collaborator Tom Savini got involved with the character creation that Jason began to appear monster like and deformed. 

[*]

Cash Cow

The original Friday the 13th film was made on a miniscule budget of only $550,000. It ended up grossing nearly $40 million on its way to becoming one of the most profitable slasher films in history. 

EDIT: Fixed #8. 

Check out this pretty cool infographic of how they all met their demise.

Posted Image

Edited by tawasal
  • Like 3

That's awesome Tawasal.  Thanks for posting that.

A few things:

I did not know all of that.  I didn't know number 3 or 9.  

As for number 8, it's not a policeman who dresses up as Jason, but an ambulance driver, or a paramedic.

• Like 1

That's awesome Tawasal.  Thanks for posting that.

A few things:

I did not know all of that.  I didn't know number 3 or 9.  

As for number 8, it's not a policeman who dresses up as Jason, but an ambulance driver, or a paramedic.

Didn't thought you would be suprised and find out something new about this movie, but I just achieved a new medal for doing that.  :lol:  ;)

• Like 1

Is there any story behind the name "Voorhees"?

It came from the last name of a girl Miller knew from high school. Her last name was Van Voorhees.He thought it sounded creepy Edited by 75live

It came from the last name of a girl Miller knew from high school. Her last name was Van Voorhees.He thought it sounded creepy

His last name has always confounded me, since it sounds Dutch but the story never really elaborated on its origins. Might have made for a good premise of an 18th century origin story/prequal set in Europe.Thanks for the info :)
  • Like 1

His last name has always confounded me, since it sounds Dutch but the story never really elaborated on its origins. Might have made for a good premise of an 18th century origin story/prequal set in Europe.Thanks for the info :)

No problem :)Since Crystal Lake is in New Jersey, there is a town here called Voorhees. I know that's not where the name came from but I always thought that was cool. So to me, it was a nice little local trivia thing :P Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

Yep there is but at the beginning of Friday 1 when the girl is hitch hiking to the camp she is dropped off at an intersection by a truck driver and the cemetery says that it is New Jersey

• Like 1

Yep there is but at the beginning of Friday 1 when the girl is hitch hiking to the camp she is dropped off at an intersection by a truck driver and the cemetery says that it is New Jersey

There's also NJ license plates in, I believe, part 3.

• Like 1

Jason was my favorite slasher whilst I was growing up.  I found the movies both scary and awesome.

I had my mom drop a few friends and I off at the theater to see... I want to say it was Part VI.  We walked back to my house past a graveyard, scaring the shiznit out of each other as we went.  It was great!

Edited by Prime Mover and Shaker

One thing the Friday's have in pretty much the first 6 films is atmosphere.  It's painted with a thick brush.  The music and the setting just make it freaky as any horror film out there.