baumer

Cannibal Holocaust (1980)

7 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Watched this about 4 years ago with a group of about 15 people. the first bit is pretty tame, but once shit started hitting the fan people had leave. In the end there were only 4 of us.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details and have no intention to ever watch this again. I think it's more of a "watch it so you can say you've seen one of the most disturbing and widely banned movies of all time".

I'd say the worst part to watch was the rape with some spiked rock. If you can get through that then you should be good (that's when most of the people in my group left).

C-, I guess. I can't think of anything good to say about it besides some of the gore bits are well done. The main cast was thought to have been killed, and that impaled girl had to come out and show people how the scene was set up (There's a tiny seat on the bottom part that she sits on and then there's a top part she holds in her mouth.)

A+ . A truly horrifying experience which is what I want in a horror movie . Totally unique atmosphere that has never been replicated again by any other film. Fantastic photography, hair raising soundtrack ( second only to Rosemary's baby in the creepiness factor ) , very good acting (the actors feel like real people ) and great ending . Deodato was certainly talented . Not a movie you can watch often,but If you are in the right mood , it's perfection . It's not even the gore factor other similar movies released at that time had more gore and couldn't even touch this masterpiece of horror . If people can treat shit like salo as artistic achievements then cannibal holocaust is the ultimate horror movie .

Edited by Thrylos 7