lilmac

Describe a movie trailer, before you see it!

Here in this thread we can talk about our most anticipated movie teaser/trailers (Star Wars, Interstellar, Noah, whatever) and attempt to guess what it'll show.

I am really looking forward to the Interstellar trailer and I hope we get a Superbowl tease.

Plot as we know it:

Group of scientists travelling through a wormhole into another dimension.  Time travel may be a factor.  Interstellar movie is set to push the minds of the audience to the limit with it's script being influenced by well known physicist, Kip Thorne.

Lilmac's take:  The trailer will start off against a starry backdrop (no galaxies, planets....only stars).  No sound, nothing.  After a few seconds we'll see "From Christopher Nolan, the Director of the Batman Trilogy and Producer of Man of Steel".  More silence, just starry blackness.  Then all of a sudden a spaceship appears out of seemingly nowhere (I think Nolan will try to be as realistic as possible when it comes to wormholes, he won't make wormholes look like glowing nebulas in other words).  The ship is careening out of control, in obvious trouble, as it approaches the screen we briefly see the bridge as scared crew members look out the window.  Then cut to black.  Coming December 2014.

LOL, I actually have my own version of Interstellar's trailer:

The following trailer has been approved for all audiences.

BWOMMMM!

Logos appear.

BWOMMMM!

Matthew McConaughey: What?

BWOMMMM!

MM: What's going on?

*an explosion appears in a spaceship*

FROM GENIUS CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

Anne Hathaway: I can't lose you!

DIRECTOR OF THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY

BWOMMMM!

MM: I have to try.

BWOMMMM!

Michael Caine: Don't do it, boy!

AND INCEPTION

MM: Too late.

*an epic montage occurs full of mindblowing things that causes everyone to shit their pants in the theater.

BWOMMMM!

INTERSTELLAR

BWOMMMM!

FIGHT THE PAST TO SAVE THE FUTURE

BWOMMMM!

NOVEMBER 2014

• Like 1

Presumably for Transformers 4's trailer, they're going to develop some sort of technology that blows up your computer in a massive explosion when you try to watch it.

Hard for me to describe it in real detail, but I imagine it beginning with Kunis scrubbing toilets, maybe with a sarcastic one-liner and blues rock background music for extra misdirection. Then Tatum in full soldier gear barges in saying she needs to come with him (here would be the "FROM THE CREATORS OF THE MATRIX TRILOGY" card) and the rest of the trailer is an action sizzle reel.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3

My wild guesses:

Interstellar: some cool graphics involving the Paramount and/or WB and Legendary logos, and then "from Christopher Nolan" flashing on screen. glimpses of Earth, some glimpses of space, glimpses of cool spaceships and perhaps an alien planet or two. There will likely be a few visual effects shots we've never seen before, and in between shots a few descriptive phrases about the film.

Jupiter Ascending: Similar to what tribefan695 mentioned, with a few outrageous and mind-blowing actions scenes thrown in to really get the hype going.

In terms of trailers I think Transcendence is the real wild card. Since it is Pfister's directorial debut, I have no idea what to expect for that trailer. They've done an excellent job keeping the filming so secretive so far. Pfister did recently tease though that they're very committed to showing audiences something they've never seen before.

• Like 1