Dead Again (1991)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Branagh at the top of his game, changing up by doing a contemporary story instead of Shakespeare. This is a great modern noir, fun, exciting, with some great double performances by Branagh and Thompson and some great supporting work by Wayne Knight and Robin Williams. Andy Garcia has a lot of charm, Derek Jacobi adds class, with great cinematography (both black-and-white and color) and a great brooding score by Patrick Doyle.

A

• Like 2

Incredibly undervalued film. Few I know, and I congregate with many film buffs, know it. Ridiculously charming melodrama mystery. My favorite Branagh film. My favorite Doyle score. One of the most hilariously suspenseful climatic finales of any film I've seen. I love this movie. Dialogue's also sharp as hell. Frank's script snaps, crackles and pops. And... Campbell Scott's cameo's a personal favorite of mine as well. Thanks for adding it...

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2