The Stingray

BOF Top 25 TV Shows of All Time!

There's a woman ego talks like Edith here at work. It's hilarious. But I came to appreciate the show a ton more when I got older

Absolutely.  I have recently (two or three years ago) watched some of the show in syndication and it's quite risque in a lot of ways.

• Like 1

#17:

Cheers (1982 - 1993) - 23 points

Posted Image

Cheers is an American sitcom television series that ran for 11 seasons from 1982 to 1993. The show is set in a bar named Cheers (named after the popular toast) in Boston, Massachusetts, where a group of locals meet to drink, relax, and socialize. The show's theme song, written and performed by Gary Portnoy, and co-written with Judy Hart Angelo, lent its famous refrain, "Where Everybody Knows Your Name", as the show's tagline.

28 Emmy Awards (including 4 for Outstanding Comedy Series)
7 Golden Globes (including 1 for Best Television Series - Comedy or Musical)
  • Like 5

#16:

The Wonder Years (1988 - 1993) - 23 points (more #1 spots than Cheers)

Posted Image

The Wonder Years is an American television comedy-drama created by Neal Marlens and Carol Black. It ran on ABC from 1988 through 1993. The series depicts the social and family life of a boy in a typical American suburb from 1968 to 1973, covering his ages of 12 through 17. Each fictional year in the series takes place exactly twenty years before airing (1988 to 1993).

4 Emmy Awards (including 1 for Outstanding Comedy Series) (Thx 75live!)
Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 2

#15:

Batman: The Animated Series (1992 - 1995) - 24 points

Posted Image

Batman: The Animated Series is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics superhero Batman. The visual style of the series, dubbed "Dark Deco," was based on the film noir artwork of producer and artist Bruce Timm. The series was widely praised for its thematic complexity, dark tone, artistic quality, and faithfulness to its title character's crime-fighting origins.

1 Emmy Award (for Outstanding Animated Program)
  • Like 3

Cheers made my top 5.  So funny.  If you didn't watch Cheers this won't be funny but if you did, one of the funniest scenes in the entire series is when Frasier sees Diane again for the first time since she ditched him.  Start at 23:40 of the video.  

"WELL YOU NEVER HURT MEE!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9chvnnfSWok

• Like 3

Cheers made my top 5. So funny. If you didn't watch Cheers this won't be funny but if you did, one of the funniest scenes in the entire series is when Frasier sees Diane again for the first time since she ditched him. Start at 23:40 of the video. "WELL YOU NEVER HURT MEE!!"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9chvnnfSWok

I had Cheers on my list too
  • Like 1

#14:

The X-Files (1993 - 2002) - 26 points

Posted Image

The X-Files is an American science fiction horror drama television series. The series recounted the exploits of FBI Special Agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) who investigate X-Files: marginalized, unsolved cases involving paranormal phenomena. Mulder believes in the existence of aliens and the paranormal while Scully, a skeptic, is assigned to make scientific analyses of Mulder's discoveries that debunk Mulder's work and thus return him to mainstream cases.

3 Emmy Awards
5 Golden Globes (including 3 for Best Television Series - Drama)
  • Like 2

#13:

The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964) - 33 points

Posted Image

The Twilight Zone is an American television anthology series created by Rod Serling. It is a series of unrelated stories containing drama, psychological thriller, fantasy, science fiction, suspense, and/or horror, often concluding with a macabre or unexpected twist. A popular and critical success, it introduced many Americans to serious science fiction and abstract ideas through television and also through a wide variety of Twilight Zone literature.

2 Emmy Awards (me thinks)
  • Like 5

For as big a conspiracy guy as I am, I am ashamed to admit I haven't seen one episode of the X-Files.

I have only seen a couple episodes myself. Everyone I know is shocked about that but I just never had a chance to get into it