Impact

What 2011 film will have the most nominations?

33 members have voted

1. 1. What 2011 film will have the most Oscar Nominations?

• The Artist
    • The Descendants
    • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    • The Help
    • Hugo
    • Midnight in Paris
    • Moneyball
    • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
    • War Horse
    • Other film not mentioned

Figured its time to do this thread.While yes, not all of these will have tons of noms, I am including them still. (Hey remember, I did not have The Hurt Locker in 2009)Anyway, my choice is War Horse-with about 11.And no these are not my choices for the nominees either (I don't have Dragon Tattoo in my nomination list for example.)

The Artist-Best Picture-Best Director-Bes Actor-Best Supporting Actress-Best Original Screenplay-Best Art Direction-Best Cinematography-Best Costume Design-Best Editing-Best Original Score -Best Sound MixingSecond place is War Horse-Best Picture-Best Director-Best Adapted Screenplay-Best Art Direction-Best Cinematography-Best Costume Design-Best Original Score-Best Editing-Best Sound Editing-Best Sound Mixing

• Founder / Operator

Hugo needs to be in the poll, IMO. Until something else can establish itself like King's Speech did last year as an early front-runner, Scorsese's love letter to classic cinema is probably going to get a lot of love from the older demographic of the Academy (whom are already fans of his).Potential nods:Best PictureBest DirectorBest EditingBest Art DirectionBest Score (outside chance, though)Best Adapted ScreenplayBest Supporting ActorBest Costume DesignBest CinematographyAnd judging by the so-far weak field, I'm not sure this one of those years it will take 10-12 nominations to be the most nominated film. Still a ways to go, though.

Edited by ShawnMR

Hugo needs to be in the poll, IMO. Until something else can establish itself like King's Speech did last year as an early front-runner, Scorsese's love letter to classic cinema is probably going to get a lot of love from the older demographic of the Academy (whom are already fans of his).

Not to mention Scorsese won the NBR, came second place with the NY critics and got a Satellite nomination, in very, very early awards season he's doing the best so far. :P

How is Hugo about classic cinema? It looked more like a fantasy adventure from the trailer. Okay I will change the poll. Remember to revote. (I was so close to putting Hugo also.)

It's not a fantasy. Trailer was misleading, quite a lot of it is about Georges Méliès, who's played by Kingsley, the guy who directed A Trip To The Moon.

On the flipside-what BP nominee do you think will have the least amount of nods? Any chances we could see a film getting nominated for BP and nothing else or a film nominated for director but not picture?Okay from films on this list:Moneyball-I can imagine it getting Pic, director and actor.Midnight-Same except replace actor with screenplay.For films not listed:Tree of Life-can imagine it getting nominated with just 2 or 3 noms.50/50 and Drive-same thing.

I think The Tree of Life will get noms in Pic, Director, some kind of actor and possibly Jessica Chastain who was great, cinematography, and more. It certainly won't get a tiny amount, IMO. I also don't think that 50/50 or Drive will be nominated for BP.BTW I voted for War Horse in the poll. It's pure Oscar bait. I read an article about the production on Moviefone though and it does seem really cool, everything they did to film it.

Edited by Travod

Well Hugo was fantastic!Everyone should see it. If they advertised it for what it really was it would of done better.Anyway what I predict for it:PictureDirectorSupporting actorScreenplayCinematagrophyArt DirectorCostumesEditingPossible:Makeup (Historical type that could get it the nod.)Sound/sound editing