Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Put it on full version. I can do that when I am on from the phone.You just scroll all the way to the buttom and there you can choose between English Version and Full Version. I think the english version choice might just be on phones that aren't set on english.

Urgh. All that scrolling. Seems like hard work.

The thing I hate most about Deathly Hallows is that it gave license to other movie adaptations to split the final book into 2 movies (or in the case of The Hobbit - 3 movies).

The difference, of course, being that DH had enough to split it easily into 2 movies while having important things happen in both movies (this is my assumption, I have read the books but not seen the movies) where as the Twilight movies, Hobbit and Mockingjay don't have enough things to justify 2 movies. 

It's a trend I despise as well. It's also a trend that usually lends itself creating the problem Tele's talking about. But, book fans represent these YA adaptations so enormously, the studios aim to edit as little as possible and instead often hurt the momentum of the film adaptations by taking half-measures in inserting any popular sub-plots without allowing 'em to breathe. Often times, with non-readers, they feel very hollow.

I have no doubt that a first-rate screenwriter could streamline Potter 7 into a single two and forty-five minute of three hour film. Large chunks of the novel would be sacrificed to improve the films quality. I'm already noticing the same Hunger Games. And, too, with Potter 7.1 or Twilight 4.1 or Hunger Games 3.1, you know you're just watching a place holder. Watching something that doesn't really have a resolution as it's not meant to... It's frustrating and often result in an unsatisfying product. These half measures equate to muddled, unfocused films. Just think about the liberties taken with Jaws, Jurassic Park, etc... I'm thankful those novels didn't have droves of rabid fans.

• Like 1