19. Kung Fu Panda 2 121 [6]

20. Mary and Max 118 [5]

21. Wallace And Gromit: The Curse Of The Were Rabbit 113 [7]

22. Frozen 106 [4]

23. Howl's Moving Castle 103 [7]

24. Kung Fu Panda 102 [8]

25. The Simpsons Movie 93 [9]

Edited by HairsprayFilmsCatchingFire

26. To start, our runner- up is Despicable Me just missing out with 92 points [8 votes]

25. THE SIMPSONS MOVIE- 93 POINTS [9 VOTES]

First up is our loveable family from Springfield in their 2007 feature film. Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge and Maggie rose above all expectations with great box office and the fans of the show also became fans of this film getting old fans and new fans of the show together. Also, with a great 90% on RT and over 500M WW, one might wonder why there is not a sequel but the TV show is still on.

Box Office: 74/183.1/343.9/527 [this is done by domestic OW, domestic total, international total, WW total]

Nominated for 26 awards including 5 wins for Bafta Awards kids votes, best top box office film, best comedy film at the British comedy awards, best animation at the national movie awards and 2nd place for best animation. It was nominated for a Golden Globe and a Bafta

How do you post a video?. Thanks Rukaio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PulHR2LfPVk&feature=player_detailpage 

• Like 2

24. Kung Fu Panda- 102 points [8 votes]

DreamWorks had a new franchise on their hands with the lovable Po the panda. Great reviews [87% on RT] led the film to great box office grosses for the film starring [voices] Jack Black and Angelina Jolie. It was the 4th biggest selling film on DVD in 2008. A sequel was released 3 years later.

Box Office: 60.2/215.4/416.3/631.7. A major hit with over a 4x multiplier at the domestic box office makes it the 7th highest DreamWorks movie domestically [3rd at the time of release]. International box office was also phenomenal.

Nominated for 40 awards including 16 wins.

Some awards were for: 10 awards came at the Annie awards

Some nominations were for: Best animation at the Oscars, national movie awards uk nomination and comedy for choice movies at the teen choice awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEgk9XsFCR0 

• Like 2

23. Howl's Moving Castle- 103 points [7 votes]

The first of two Studio Ghibli's entries on this list is for 2005 release [here in the UK] Howl's Moving Castle. Great reviews [87% on RT], a super run in Japan and being a Ghibli film has helped this stay in the minds of people on this forums. It was an influence for Rango [53 points- 5 votes] and in the English dub was Christian Bale's second voice role.

Box Office: 427,987/4.7/230.4/235.1. Japan's 190M total accounted for over 3/4 of the final total but it grossed less than half of Spirited Away in the domestic box office.

Nominated for 24 awards including 9 wins

Wins for: animation, best film, music and script

Nominations included best animation at the Oscars and sound editing and best animation at other awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhaAj62njgs

• Like 4

second last one for a couple of hours or maybe today

22. Frozen- 106 points [4 votes]

It may only have been on release for 8 days but 4 votes all placing this in the top 10 [most top 5] has got the new Walt Disney Animation picture up onto the list as a late entry beating a fellow 2013 release at the last second [Monsters University- 88 points]. A major box office hit defying all expectations was boosted by a great marketing campaign with great reviews [86% on RT] and fantastic word of mouth from children and adults making this a family friendly hit. Also, the addition of Olaf the Snowman only helped the film get more fans. Based on The Snow Queen, the Disney film also has a much loved score and is being known as the best Disney movie since The Lion King.

Box Office So Far: 243,390/67.3 [wide OW weekend]/96.4/16.7/113.1. A fantastic run so early into it, this film beat Tangled's 5 day opening by 25M.

Nominations So Far: 12- 10 at the Annie awards and 2 at the Satellite Awards. A nomination at the Oscars for best animated film and best song are all but secured with it being the favourites in both categories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbQm5doF_Uc

now time to make Rukaio101 happy

• Like 2

I guess the other Ghibli film is Spirited Away. Shame, because Princess Mononoke beats both of them hands down.

Admittedly, I have serious nostalgic love for Howl, but I admit it's one of Ghibli's weaker films and there are a lot of others which deserve a place much more.

21. WALLACE AND GROMIT: THE CURSE OF THE WERE RABBIT- 113 points [7 votes]

The film coming after  the loved 3 TV episodes, this was another TV show that got fans to love the film. An amazing 95% on RT and superb box office in the UK, this was one of the first films from Aardman and also was one of the first in the stop motion trend. With all star voices from Helena Bonham-Carter, Ralph Fiennes and Peter Kay, this film added great new characters but no one could better the stars of the show, WALLACE AND GROMIT. It was the last dreamworks movie to be released on VHS.

Box Office: 16/56.1/136.4/192.6. Even though it came in at a bit over half of Chicken Run's total domestically, it was a still a success but the main profit was from the UK where it grossed more than it did domestically [56.8m]. Us Brits showed how much we loved our clay characters by rushing to the cinemas and oh boy, it was massive.

Nominated for 54 awards including 34 wins.

Awards won include best animation at the Oscars, best British film and Bafta's children award at the BAFTA'S, 10 at the Annie's awards, best comedy film at the British comedy awards, best animated film [multiple times] and best director

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=566_PBg6jkE 

Start of top 20 will be later or tomorrow

• Like 2

I guess the other Ghibli film is Spirited Away. Shame, because Princess Mononoke beats both of them hands down.

Admittedly, I have serious nostalgic love for Howl, but I admit it's one of Ghibli's weaker films and there are a lot of others which deserve a place much more.

This list is for movies released post-2000, so Princess Mononoke is not an option.

Edited by lolifofo

The colours!!! My eyes!!! My beautiful eyes!!! How they burn!

On the flip side list has started well (I thought Mononoke was in the 90s? that was why I didn't vote for it) although I didn't like Howl at all and it takes one giant dump on the source material too.

This list is for movies released post-2000, so Princess Mononoke is not an option.

Can't believe I forgot that.... Okay, on second thoughts, Howl is probably my favourite of the post-2000 Ghiblis, so I'm completely okay with it being there.

Would've preferred a Mamoru Hosoda film though. I suppose one may still turn up though. (It won't)

The colours!!! My eyes!!! My beautiful eyes!!! How they burn!

On the flip side list has started well (I thought Mononoke was in the 90s? that was why I didn't vote for it) although I didn't like Howl at all and it takes one giant dump on the source material too.

I didn't like Howl's Moving Castle either. I was so disappointed after I watched it because the reviews made it seem like an outstanding movie. Have I missed something? The plot was incoherent and it lacked charm overall. That's just my opinion though.

20. MARY AND MAX- 118 points [5 votes]

The 2009 animation is one of two black and white animations on this list [i believe] and scored one of the highest averages. Another film with a fantastic rating on RT [95%], it is a really well received film by critics and fans. The Australian clay-animated film tackled lots of themes and it premiered on opening night at Sundance. I don't have much to say about this film as I don't really know much about it.

Box office is around 1.2m I believe but it did not get a proper domestic release

It is number #183 in the IMDB list

Nominated for 9 awards including 4 wins for Melanie Coombs and Adam Elliot [x3]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRjB8PEDkM

This is it for today [it's 10:25pm here] 

• Like 3

despite being last so far- the simpsons movie has received the most votes out of these six films

some of the bad averages that failed the list [not including 1 vote answers]

Bolt- 21 points from 5 lists

the croods- 33 points from 5 lists

illusionist- 20 points from 3 lists

rise of the guardains- 14 points from 3 lists

megamind- 34 points from 5 lists

and treasure planet- 29.5 points from 6 lists

Can't believe I forgot that.... Okay, on second thoughts, Howl is probably my favourite of the post-2000 Ghiblis, so I'm completely okay with it being there.

Would've preferred a Mamoru Hosoda film though. I suppose one may still turn up though. (It won't)

A lot of people here love Summer Wars. It would've been on my list if I had made one

• Like 1