ecstasy

Mark Ruffalo Appreciation Thread!

lots of specs about Foxcatcher @ Cannes

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/cannes-prospects-foxcatcher-inarritus-birdman-likely-headed-to-the-croisette-1201147926/

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/channing-tatum-and-steve-carell-look-set-to-hit-the-cannes-red-carpet-with-foxcatcher

hopefully its true

Mark seems to already have filmed his Hulk mocap scenes for AoU & promoises more science bros aka Tony & Bruce :wub:

“I actually already shot a lot of that stuff, we did it on motion capture, so we did a lot of that on a stage. So they’re doing all the plates for that now in South Africa, and then I start work in mid-April.”

Will we get more Bruce-Tony one-on-ones in the sequel? “I’m guessing you will,” teased Ruffalo, who just read the script. 

http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/mark-ruffalo-teases-an-avengers-romance.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Begin again trailer

Feige again about more Hulk (& Hawk) in Age of Ultron

So we have CAP 2. We have THOR 2. When are we going to get an INCREDIBLE HULK sequel?
It’s a good question. I would love to do that with Mark Ruffalo. But part of the fun of AGE OF ULTRON was saying, you’ve seen another IRON MAN adventure before, you see another THOR adventure and another CAP adventure, but we haven’t seen the Green Goliath again. So that was important in the characters you haven’t seen – Hulk being one of them and Hawkeye being one of them – ULTRON will make up for it. They have very big parts in AGE OF ULTRON. - See more at: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/we-interview-kevin-feige-about-captain-america-2-hulk-avengers-2-more#sthash.kzX3ouFy.dpuf

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/we-interview-kevin-feige-about-captain-america-2-hulk-avengers-2-more

(hopefully he means more Bruce AND Hulk)

Edited by Tauriel

He was great in Thanks for Sharing.  

he was indeed! Im  happy that someone aside from me & Baumer saw that movie :D

After seeing the trailer with Budapest, my mother and I can't wait to see Begin Again together

thx for the info

Its great to know th trailer is playing before movies now! ()

Mark obv wasnt @ Tribeca (hellooo AoU) & as he wast @ TIFF as well Im looking forward for him to be doing promo with Keira in June

but the new clip is stunning  :wub:  Hopefully they submit this song to Oscar

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/24/adam-levine-keira-knightley-begin-again/

another TNH poster

Posted Image

great interview back from Sundance (not to mention he looks way too hot to handle B)  ;) )

http://live.wsj.com/video/mark-ruffalo-on-mental-illness-the-hulk-and-sundance/D686CEE6-844E-4B3A-B5C9-6559A0CEE8A5.html#!D686CEE6-844E-4B3A-B5C9-6559A0CEE8A5

& obv already famous Sci bros selfie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

first TNH review &.....

obviously a rave for Mark aka future Emmy contender  :wub:

Saw the film today – it’s very strong. I have no doubt that this is going to be a major Emmy player – it’s right in the Academy’s wheelhouse. While it does have a surface gloss that lacks the grit of “How To Survive a Plague,” it shares that documentary’s rage at the governmental inaction during the early days of the AIDS crisis and how that inaction prompted an entire community to rise up.

Ruffalo is extraordinary as activist Ned Weeks. Frankly, I was surprised when he was cast, and now I can’t see anyone else in the role. He captures the character’s driving need to propel this crusade at all costs, even to the point of counterproductive obnoxiousness. The character may lose the support of his allies, but the skillful Ruffalo never manages to lose the audience. I can’t think of too many male performances this year that are in this league.

Male support is substantial with several possible Emmy contenders. This being Larry Kramer, there are LOTS of big speeches, with many chances for the ensemble to shine. Perhaps the film’s most memorable rant is a bravura 5-minute cry of frustration, masterfully performed mid-film by Joe Mantello (who played Ned in the recent Broadway revival).  Jim Parsons, Taylor Kitsch and Albert Molina are not given that kind of big moment, but the work of all three men is subtle and affecting. Parsons could still get in since voters have shown a love for comics-turned-dramatic actors.

The film’s best shot in supporting is probably with Matt Bomer as Ned’s lover, Felix. I had been concerned that Bomer’s good looks might make Felix a little less real, but they actually work for the character as the film progresses and his looks begin to change, allowing Bomer to get beyond the surface to reveal the essence of Felix.

For Julia Roberts, less is way more. This is the most interior performance she has given in recent memory. She still has a table-pounding, paper-throwing speech, but her most affecting moment is a quiet one -- her expressive face when she is taken out of her wheelchair to dance with Ruffalo. Beautiful work.

For those who are worried about Ryan Murphy at the helm, fret not. With the exception of some Murphy-isms in the Fire Island opening, as well as a few clunky crowd scenes, Murphy largely gets out of the way, letting the text speak and guiding the actors to some career-best work.  Though it’s set in the early ‘80s, the film is not obsessed with period detail. Its strength comes from its depiction of ordinary people forced to deal with an extraordinary situation. And even in the most romantic scenes, its rage at that situation bubbles never too far from the surface.  

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/topics/view/4000/page:6#307564

sooo TNH got great response & Mark & Bomer & Roberts & Mantello were nominated for Critix choice awards  :wub:

http://mruffalo.com/2014/05/mark-ruffalo-nominated-for-a-critics-choice-tv-awards/

Now onto the Emmys

fanvids for felix & Ned already stared appearing 

http://youtu.be/_QIPoAnkuZU

gorg pic   :wub:

Posted Image

Edited by Tauriel

I love Mark Ruffalo, I remember the first movie I saw him in was 13 going on 30. I was ironically 13, when I saw it and got a huge crush on him. now I've seen many of his films and he really has impressed me as an actor. 

• Like 2

I love Mark Ruffalo, I remember the first movie I saw him in was 13 going on 30. I was ironically 13, when I saw it and got a huge crush on him. now I've seen many of his films and he really has impressed me as an actor. 

That was an adorable film. Probably my favorite Jennifer Gardner movie. It was surprisingly good. I think the first movie I saw with him was You Can Count On me. It was either that one or that Sean Penn movie that had Jude Law and Kate Winslet in it. Mark played Kate Winslet's brother.

• Like 2

So I've watched both Begin Again and Thanks for Sharing.  Mark continues to impress me with these character driven roles. I really love him in these smaller films.

glad u caught up E!

both are really great movies

TFS is super underrated tho which is a shame b/c even for me - a person who can roll her eyes at these help groups it was a rather believable & realistic portrayal of a struggle with addiction

aw finally the thread is movin again  :wub:

sooo Mark is probs now is very likely to be nommed again this year

Even bodies who snubbed Steve Carrell & the film nominated Mark

The real test is coming now with Globes & SAG this upcoming days are crucial

Mark did a lovely shot/talk with Jess  :wub:

ugh the sweetness is pouring from those pics

I need them paired in some film now!

normal_001.jpg

excerpt from the interview  here

& Lil sweet bit of the whole interview (the whole will be released in January)

Edited by Tauriel

glad u caught up E!

both are really great movies

TFS is super underrated tho which is a shame b/c even for me - a person who can roll her eyes at these help groups it was a rather believable & realistic portrayal of a struggle with addiction

aw finally the thread is movin again  :wub:

sooo Mark is probs now is very likely to be nommed again this year

Even bodies who snubbed Steve Carrell & the film nominated Mark

The real test is coming now with Globes & SAG this upcoming days are crucial

Mark did a lovely shot/talk with Jess  :wub:

ugh the sweetness is pouring from those pics

I need them paired in some film now!

normal_001.jpg

excerpt from the interview  here

& Lil sweet bit of the whole interview (the whole will be released in January)

Is he in a movie with Jessica?

Anyway, I'm gonna watch TFS again since its on Prime/Amazon. It is very underrated. Mark looks so good with his salt and pepper hair.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Is he in a movie with Jessica?

Anyway, I'm gonna watch TFS again since its on Prime/Amazon. It is very underrated. Mark looks so good with his salt and pepper hair.

no they just did the interview as a part of awards campaigns ("Actors on actors" interview series conducted by Variety) thus they're talking about diff movies

Btw I saw "Margaret" finally