Gopher

Monday Numbers (Frozen 2.05M... snow day raises numbers?)

Impressive for both CF and Frozen.  Had both falling a bit more (Frozen more than CF obviously), snow day definitely helped out here, so Tuesday shifts are going to be a bit wonky, particularly in Frozen's case, though I know some places are still off Tuesday so maybe not.

As of now, I have CF jumping up to about 2.2M (+12%) and Frozen staying flat for today.

For those saying snow days helped Frozen and the other films... half the country ISN'T covered in snow. That 18% drop from last Monday is more because Frozen has excellent WOM and a Christmas/holiday theme  :)

the fact every movie had a slight drop on Monday indicates snow days are the reason. 

• Like 1

Some Universities could already be breaking allowing for this bump. Schedules can fluctuate on that so I'd wager it's not easy to research year-by-year.

However, there are indeed Primary & Secondary schools out for snow in large parts of the country. Several counties are out I know in TN and KY.

We can't go to school.....but we can make it to the theater!!!  :lol:

For those saying snow days helped Frozen and the other films... half the country ISN'T covered in snow. That 18% drop from last Monday is more because Frozen has excellent WOM and a Christmas/holiday theme  :)

Last two days have been snow days here and I'm in Oregon. So, maybe you should amend your statement to "California, Florida and Hawaii". :P

I am in the Mid-West and we have snow but it isn't enough to stop people from going to the movies. Sunday was the really hitter.

You all in the lower 48+Hawaii be hella lucky, we don't snow days in Anchorage Unless there is a 24 hour mega rain&ice storm, or over two feet of snow in less than 24 hours. It takes a mega blizzard here.

• Like 1

didn't AUJ have 8pm showings?

Nope.

On that note, I need to do a count sometime.  That'll prove to be a challenge smack-dab in the middle of finals.

No, AUJ did have 8pm shows, at least here on the west coast. I remember because it's always a royal pain trying to track sellouts when you have a range of start times.

• Like 1

You all in the lower 48+Hawaii be hella lucky, we don't snow days in Anchorage Unless there is a 24 hour mega rain&ice storm, or over two feet of snow in less than 24 hours. It takes a mega blizzard here.

That's similar to the Upper Peninsula in Michigan - they get tons of snow, so they rarely cancel schools unless it is blizzard conditions.

Edited by Punishment
  • Like 1

No, AUJ did have 8pm shows, at least here on the west coast. I remember because it's always a royal pain trying to track sellouts when you have a range of start times.

Hmm, wasn't aware of that.  Not sure why I thought it didn't (I do know that we didn;t get them).

Edited by spizzer

Give Frozen about the same increase as CF (snow days will give it a very minor boost) 

Yeah, given that Tuesday's also a snow day in certain places, that would be more than reasonable.  Would result in some heavy Wed drops though.

If AUJ had 8pm showings, then they were exclusive to some markets. There was definitely none in Seattle.

Hmm, wasn't aware of that.  Not sure why I thought it didn't (I do know that we didn;t get them).

Huh, interesting. Did you guys have 10pm shows? (There were definitely a lot more 10pm shows here than 8pm ones).