CJohn

Helix | Play God. Pay the Price.

My guess is that he wants to develop a closer link with Julia and by stabbing himself he presents to her an injured, non-threatening figure so she'll lower her guard around him.

Plus we know that the Vectors seem to ignore Hataki, so injuring himself does not expose him to their attacks.

I'm aware ! And I'm on my phone so not as easy to navigate ...And I wasn't that annoyed as I was watching the episodes and saw ep 4 also right after ! In such instances of a horror type suspense tv show it was ok to be spoiled , most people tend to die in this genre Indeed it was a rather dumb move of hers not to tell alan , hope she kept a copy of her work elsewhere but I doubt it ! One thing I reallly don't get it is all the secrecy when full disclosure would go leagues in forwarding any progressAll I can think in such instances is please if apocalyptic event such as outbreak , zombie or aliens happens don't let me be stuck with kids or stupid / irrational people

LOL at the next character. Anyway, that seems to me that isn't a cure but rather something bad by Hatake's reaction when he saw Julia with the same eyes he has. It also seems something that cures the virus but they don't want to give to the population because it is very powerful. 

just caught up on episode 8 and 9 

well i suspected as much about hatake and julia , can't understand why he's only volunteering info under duress or strong insistence

guess we have to wait to find out what is the link between her and that theory sutton kept talking about he should have not pursued but clearly julia parents went along with it , maybe the mom changed her mind after a few years and decided julia needed to live in the real world and not inside a bunker 

i get feeling hatake and julia carry one strain and the vector another , and that's why they're scared of them or at least stear clear when they see them 

LOL at Daniel's death. What was his idea to give the virus and the cure to the Scyther?

Yeah last episode had a lot of people making stupid decisions. But I give the show credit for making us feel Hataki's pain and anguish. Or maybe I can just credit Sanada with that.There's a good amount to like about Helix, but it has problems with writing characters and story developing logically and intelligently.