4 members have voted

1. 1. Carnage

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Solidly entertaining way to spent 80 minutes with plenty laughs in there, most of them come from Christoph Waltz, whose performance is a work of genius. Foster and Winslet are too OTT, it's like they watched the play and decided to totally copy what thr actresses there were doing, not knowing that there's a big difference between stage and screen acting. And John C. Reily, well, as much as I like him he just seems desperate to catch up with everyone else here.

I... liked it? There wasn't anything really wrong with the performances- I thought Reilly and Waltz did some great work here- but it's exactly like seeing a live stage show recorded on tape. It's not nearly as effective on screen.

It's mildly amusing in parts, but as Gopher referenced, one has to wonder why this was made into a film. Some good performances and lines don't excuse the fact that it becomes largely redundant and tiresome after 30-40 minutes.

C+

Edited by mattmav45

Ehhhh..

While Carnage does have 4 good performances (especially Jodie Foster as the hatefully OTT liberal and Christoph Waltz, who at this point can do no wrong), I dont think it was really worth it to adapt the play into a film. Its obvious that most of the fun and entertainment of seeing this thing live is lost when you decide to film it, kinda like with most plays. Its just not the same seeing a taped version of a play, and this movie feels like one. A fucking short one, too. I was pissed when they decided to pull a No Country for Old Men just when things were about to get interesting. Like what the hell? 

As it stands, its just not much of anything. Its too short, its too stale (imo) and the dialogue given to these great actors isn't all that. Its an useless movie

Carnage, to its credit, does have the best vomiting scene since John Cleese served waffer-theen mints

2,5/5

I'm not a fan of comedies, but this was awesome. Perfect pacing, lots of laughs, great acting and realistic characters. what else can I ask from the genre? I also loved how it ended, I think it was the only way to end the movie properly, any kinda of resolution would be disappointing to say at least

85/100, maybe a 90/100

Edited by Goffe R Swanson