Hernan Gonzalez

Argentina Box Office - Minions: first movie ever to do $35m+!!!

Fast & Furious 7 passed 2m admissions in only 11 days. It has beaten Ice Age 4, which needed 16 days to do it, Monster University did it in 18 days.

The Avengers 2 will have previous on Wednesday 22nd at 8 PM, the day before its official opening.

:D

Fast 7 is falling again around 40% this weekend and it is going to beat another record today!!

Those are the new records set for Fast & Furious 7 until now:

Best OD: 286k admissions, $2.6m

Best OW: 1.01m admissions, $9.3m

Best Opening Week: 1.35m admissions, $11.3m

Fastest movie to reach 1m admissions: 4 days

Fastest movie to reach 2m admissions: 11 days

Fastest movie to do $10m: 5 days

And this is the new one that it is going to be added today to this amazing list: 

Fastest movie to do $20m: 16 days

It also passed 1m admissions in Chile yesterday!!!

• Like 8

Fast 7 is falling again around 40% this weekend and it is going to beat another record today!!

Those are the new records set for Fast & Furious 7 until now:

Best OD: 286k admissions, $2.6m

Best OW: 1.01m admissions, $9.3m

Best Opening Week: 1.35m admissions, $11.3m

Fastest movie to reach 1m admissions: 4 days

Fastest movie to reach 2m admissions: 11 days

Fastest movie to do $10m: 5 days

And this is the new one that it is going to be added today to this amazing list: 

Fastest movie to do $20m: 16 days

It also passed 1m admissions in Chile yesterday!!!

That's really crazy :o Already $20m :o

So Ivguess $25m is a lock? What about $30m?

Henry, what is your prediction for TA2? OW and total?

The Avengers got $17m in 2012 and the market got an impressive growth since then, if you add the fact comicbook movies (particularly Marvel's) are much more popular I'm pretty sure $25m will be reached, maybe $30m.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

That's really crazy :o Already $20m :o

So Ivguess $25m is a lock? What about $30m?

Henry, what is your prediction for TA2? OW and total?

Yes Fullbuster. I think you are right, $25m should be done but AoU opens next Thu and it will hit it hard so I don't see $30m happening for FF7.

As for TA2 I think it won't beat FF7 OW because Thu and Fri are not holidays this week. I am thinking something about $7.5-$8m OW. It's second weekend should be the best ever thanks to the Friday holiday. And $25m should be its floor by the end of its run IMHO :)

• Like 3

Yes Fullbuster. I think you are right, $25m should be done but AoU opens next Thu and it will hit it hard so I don't see $30m happening for FF7.

As for TA2 I think it won't beat FF7 OW because Thu and Fri are not holidays this week. I am thinking something about $7.5-$8m OW. It's second weekend should be the best ever thanks to the Friday holiday. And $25m should be its floor by the end of its run IMHO :)

$30m for TA2! It MUST happen :wub:

It would be the first to do it in Argentina :P

• Like 2

The Avengers got $17m in 2012 and the market got an impressive growth since then, if you add the fact comicbook movies (particularly Marvel's) are much more popular I'm pretty sure $25m will be reached, maybe $30m.

Actually, even without an increase in admissions AoU would do around $5m more than The Avengers. Tickets are so much more expensive nowadays and this time Disney is not letting the theaters do any kind of discount during the first week of AoU, that means around 20% more in the average ticket price.

• Like 3

Actually, even without an increase in admissions AoU would do around $5m more than The Avengers. Tickets are so much more expensive nowadays and this time Disney is not letting the theaters do any kind of discount during the first week of AoU, that means around 20% more in the average ticket price.

So $22m is in the pocket,vhowever it would need a strong increase in admissions to go to 30m, around +40% I guess.

• Like 1

Only 2 movies did over 4m admissions:

1- Titanic (1997+2012 re-release) / 4.72m adm / $26.1m

2- Ice Age 4 / 4.49 m adm / $28.7 M

That won't be easy to pass these 2 movies, I hope TA2 can do it but I think it will be ahead in $ because of higher ticket prices, not admissions.

• Like 1

Top 5 Weekend:

1- Fast & Furious 7, 395474 admissions, -39%. Cume: 2611949 admissions, $20.9m

2- Home, 49305 adm, -2%. Cume: 314798 adm, $1.9m

3- Cinderella, 43980 adm, -26%. Cume: 767028 adm, $4.6m

4- Big Eyes, 25961 adm, new.

5- Exists, 20875 adm, new.

Age of Ultron opens on Thursday. But on Wednesday there will be a "The Avengers Marathon" in many theaters, "midnight" shows of AoU starting at 8 PM. Fast 7 is going to loose many screens but I think it should reach 3m admissions, $24m

• Like 4

Early this month Fast 7 set a new record opening at 365 screens. But that record is not going to last long because tomorrow The Avengers 2 will open at 389 screens ;)

Previews for AoU tonight at 8 PM at 120 screens!! Fast 7 sold 19k admissions for real midnight shows before its OD but it opened on a Holiday. Tomorrow is not a holiday that's why the previews for AoU are at 8PM

• Like 2

Early this month Fast 7 set a new record opening at 365 screens. But that record is not going to last long because tomorrow The Avengers 2 will open at 389 screens ;)

Previews for AoU tonight at 8 PM at 120 screens!! Fast 7 sold 19k admissions for real midnight shows before its OD but it opened on a Holiday. Tomorrow is not a holiday that's why the previews for AoU are at 8PM

More screens = Better possibilities to beat FF7 :P