Dark Jedi Master 007

The Classic Movie Club: First Film-ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968)

You said easily accessible.  Besides GWTW and TWOO, what else is really accessible?

Some of the classics are in the public domain. Places like Netflix like to stock up on older movies if they can because usually they're cheaper to acquire (I assume), so (for example) Buster Keaton's THE GENERAL and Douglas Fairbanks' THE THIEF OF BAGDAD are on Netflix. Both of those are pre-1930s.

But if people would prefer to start later than that, that's cool. :) I'm not trying to make waves.

It doesn't matter to me, I just don't think everyone has access to Netflix either.  So it you want to make this good for everyone, imo, it should be films that everyone can see.

• Like 1

True enough, I didn't consider the international crowd. Does Canadian Netflix have the same options as the US one, or is it more limited?

I'm not sure.  My problem with netflix is right now I can't get it because my internet connection is not that great in the place I'm at.  The price is great, but I just can't get it right now.  But I'm not everyone, so if you want to open to up to every film available on NF, go for it.

I'm not sure.  My problem with netflix is right now I can't get it because my internet connection is not that great in the place I'm at.  The price is great, but I just can't get it right now.  But I'm not everyone, so if you want to open to up to every film available on NF, go for it.

Well, if/when my turn comes, I'll try to pick something that should be easy to find anywhere. So much for my idea of an obscure Slovakian melodrama from 1922.

• Like 3

Maybe do a rotation of films from:

[*]1980s (debatable as to whether it's truly classic yet - 7 is just a great number)  [*]1970s [*]1960s [*]1950s [*]1940s [*]1930s [*]1920s 

Everyone can pick a film from each decade for that month (one month would be all 70s and another would be all 40s). The same could apply for directors, genres, actors, etc. 

That way, there can be a wide variety of tastes for each decade. And we should all strive to pick a film no one in the club has seen. 

• Like 1

So, I've sent out my last invitations. Regardless of how people respond, we should be ready to actually start this week.I first have to draw up the rules/guidelines and then create a schedule. After which, we can begin.

Just to double check, I don't think I received an invitation