JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

That's a noticeable flip from week to week. The first week TASM2 was $1.5m above TOW then in the second week TOW was $1.5m over TASM2. I think Bad Neighbours will be $3-4m this weekend.

• Like 1

RTH could probably tell us more but it seems to have been a very late call to pretty much give it an almost full release this weekend. I only noticed yesterday. Keep in mind it's Friday to Sunday only. Ted had a similar release last year.

Edited by DeeCee

ah... Happy May the 4th weekend folks... don't care about any other films this weekend :)

Just got back from a marathon showing of episodes 1 to 3 of star wars.....

I must say that Episode 1 possibly has held up the least of the 3 prequels in quality.. probably not surprising given the age of the film now.  Was surprised that they showed the updated versions of the films (not the original theatrical releases) with additional footage (for example the POD race was the extended version.).  

I must say as we all hate on Phantom Menace, if you choose to ignore Jar Jar for a moment, the film itself is quite enjoyable.  nothing to write home about, but enjoyable... and the POD race scenes are just simply EPIC.  As is the final lightsaber fight accept for mauls death which still seems a little simple at the end.

attack of the clones takes a long time to get going but when it does, it just goes crazy.. the entire last third on geonosis is just well EPIC dare i say.... some iconic moments in there... just ignore the hokey love story / dialogue related to that love story that was thrown in.  in saying that, i get the idea, it just wasn't executed well and writing really needed to be looked at :P

Funnily enough that last third of the film makes up for most of the rest (though i still love the intro to attack of the clones - still sounds awesome no matter which way you cut it ~ that ship!)

As for Revenge of the Sith - it's easily my favourite of the 3 prequels and probably the only film of the prequels up to scratch with the original trilogy.  so many EPIC / iconic scenes to pick from here .. some moments which coudl have been better and some hokey dialogue again (something that lucas is prone to i'm afraid).   still love this film....

I must say watching the prequels again on the big screen and on VMAX was just magical.   Well worth the 8 to 9 hours it took to sit through them.  Doing it all again tomorrow for Eps 4 to 6.  now that's gonna be EPIC!  

As i said Ep 2 & 3 still hold up pretty well today with their sfx etc... ep 1 is showing it's age a little but the POD race seemed to hold really well in comparison.

• Like 4

Isn't it at about 12 already?

Yeh but bad neighbours is apparently doing well this weekend and it's only "previews". Full expansion might get in the way of $20m.That being said, I still have a tiny little bit of hope in $20m, but definitely not $30m.

The audience was very positive after my screening of Bad Neighbours yesterday. Lots of comments about how hilarious it was and a group of teenage girls were talking about wanting to have a frat party.

• Like 2

Good Saturday for bad neighbors? :)I'm also off to the star wars marathon today! Can't wait :D

Could be neck and neck #1 BN/TOW depends on Sunday

SW Marathon 1-3, 4-6 should both be top 12, not sure if it will be reported on, 4-6 had lot of sell outs and extra screens added

• Like 1

Could be neck and neck #1 BN/TOW depends on Sunday

SW Marathon 1-3, 4-6 should both be top 12, not sure if it will be reported on, 4-6 had lot of sell outs and extra screens added

not surprised that SW 4-6 is possibly in there.  it should be included i think.

all i know is I talking to staff at Event Chermside today and it was crazy there ... people everywhere.    Close to the busiest i've ever seen it. (around 12.30pm)  The staff member mentioned that they had sold in excess of 600 tickets to star wars 4-6.

just shows how popular SW still is ... even Ep 1-3.  Gotta think this points towards SW 7 doing big things next year.

Just got back from Episodes 4 to 6.  Yesterday was great, today brought the house down.. These films continue to hold up well even with Lucas's mods.  I'm not a purist by any means and i think they have added to the movies as a whole in a good way.

Star Wars IV A new hope, is still my favourite of the 6 films.  and it showed very much it continues to hold that mantle.  so much is just right with that film.  The crowd applauded many moments in the films and laughed at so many "in jokes"  even the ah hah moments :P  the best reaction was actually saved for that wonderful blooper.  Gotta love the poor storm trooper who hit his head.  he has all but become a legend now.  So much so, there is now a clang noise in the sound track (which i do not remember hearing before) when he hits his head.  love it!  the whole film itself as has been said many many time is a classic.  just epic.

Empire Strikes Back is easily my 2nd favourite film also.  many, many, many moments in here which are just well frankly iconic or quotable.  the best moments were han solo and leia's interactions.  especially the nerf herder comments :P  as above, film is a classic again.  it really lived up as a sequel in a  big way.  epic again.  the only moments at time it gets slow is on dagobah but these moments were classic in a different way and help build the whole mythos.

Return of the Jedi was a slight drop off in quality in places.  the initial section on tatooine does still seem a bit slow but it deserved a place.  As for the final half of this film... its simply a great way to finish... excitement everywhere.  and yes i know some hate on the ewoks... i love em as do many kids.  they have their place here and do their job nicely.  jedi successfully tidied up the series nicely (at least until 7 arrives that is)  The whole round trip that anakin took is so clear by the end.  and yes i know some don't feel that hayden should appear at the end of jedi, but if you consider it, it makes a lot of sense.  I am fine with it, along with the tie in scenes include all the worlds previously shown in the series right back to the start.

love this trilogy  and frankly just love this series in general.  I took my 8 year old daughter to both marathons. she has a smile wide now even if she's a little tired.

"May the Fourth be with you all"

Posted Image

• Like 4