JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

I dunno.. 16m is pretty bad..  given it's a new lowpoint for Spiderman here.. though Spidey has never really performed at the same level as the US anyway, and i guess TASM 2 has held up against TASM better here than it did in the US .. still i consider it a disappointment.  I really thought TASM2 coudl have turned it around and made it past 20m with the right film.. though it was more directly contending with CA2 here....

TASM was deemed to be disappointing here (Sony hated that Ted had same date)  but 2nd wasn't as much , while the feeling was it would be good to top 1st the reality is probably wouldn't its up to 16.1m. All the Spider-man movies in Aus though have done about the same ratio to domestic 6-7%

• Like 1

So I guess the number Fox reported for Rio 2 included previews? That makes HTTYD2's weekend increase even better - it actually BEAT the official opening of the newer animated release! And they both have the same distributor!

Yeah the Internation report always adds previews into OWe, however the offical territory report won't.

top5 actuals 1-AOE 623 4,844,619 -45% 18,496,967 heading for 302-HTTYD2 527 2,914,947 +16% 17,586,3913-RIO2 471 2,687,083 4,526,6444-22J 350 2,635,177 -26% 17,702,8465-JB 301 1,879,074 2,012,257

HTTYD and 22JS are neck and neck. After the end of holidays and dragon plummets, should be interesting to see who ends on top.

TASM was deemed to be disappointing here (Sony hated that Ted had same date)  but 2nd wasn't as much , while the feeling was it would be good to top 1st the reality is probably wouldn't its up to 16.1m. All the Spider-man movies in Aus though have done about the same ratio to domestic 6-7%

That's very low compare to the other SH movies, I guess we aussies just don't like Spidey that much. :P

There is just so much lol for TF4. It's almost a full $10m behind 2&3.

And that is a surprise to you? Considering the WOM and the lack of hype I'm more surprise it's made this much. TF isn't that cool anymore now that SH genre has taken over.

Edited by KATCH 22

Australia is like a mirror-universe opposite of the U.S. - Dragon INCREASES during the same holiday weekend, it is doing BETTER than 22JS...

Yet both are doing relatively better overall than the Domestic market anyway.

Here though it's not a holiday weekend, it's the school holidays. So only school and universities are out, so the bump for HtTYD is obviously going to be higher.

won't last beyond this week but midweek HTTYD2 is beathing AOE on tues RIO2 did as well

Wow, I guess everything IS upside down in Australia! HTTYD2 a big hit even with another animated film in direct competition with it, Transformers doing WORSE...Me and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Domestic Box Office: "I think I'll move to Australia..." :)

won't last beyond this week but midweek HTTYD2 is beathing AOE on tues RIO2 did as well

I love that HTTYD2 is doing well here but man I hope AOE would do better considering how crappier movies like TF2 & 3 used to make. The fact that there're so many haters who want it to do badly doesn't help. Can it even beat DOFP at this rate?

And why do kids movies always over-perform here? Don't adult go to see the movies for themselves anymore. It seems like most people go the cinema only because their kids want to.

Edited by KATCH 22