JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Looks like Origin is going to destroy evening/night sessions for TASM. I can't find a screening in NSW and Queensland with more then about 15% sold. Some sessions have sold less then a dozen tickets. However, some Origin 3 sessions are about 50% sold and outselling the combined multiple sessions of TASM at some theatres.e.g. Glendale near Newcastle has sold about 100 tickets to 1 screening of the Origin game. It's 2 remaining TASM screenings have sold just over 40 tickets.It's a different story in the southern states. TASM sessions starting in the next hour or so are about 50%+.

Edited by DeeCee

It's was just a terrible decision to open today. There's a session at Event George St starting in 30 minutes that has so far sold about the same number seats as the same session on TDKR's opening day.Same story at a few other cinemas in NSW.It would be interesting to know the normal opening day ratio for a movie for before 6pm and after 6pm.

Edited by DeeCee

There was about 20 people seeing TASM when I went to see it three hours ago. Absolutely horrible. I really just want Ice Age 4 to go away and die. I can't stand seeing it make so much more money than Brave and TASM here. :angry:

There was about 20 people seeing TASM when I went to see it three hours ago. Absolutely horrible. I really just want Ice Age 4 to go away and die. I can't stand seeing it make so much more money than Brave and TASM here. :angry:

I'm sure TASM will have very good legs given this bad OD, just unlucky.

But it faces the full opening of Ted tomorrow which just had the best advance screenings ever. Still, I saw Ted last weekend and wil be seeing TASM this weekend.Right now,I'M PISSED OFF BECAUSE STUPID NSW LOST BY 1 FUCKING POINT!

• Like 2

But it faces the full opening of Ted tomorrow which just had the best advance screenings ever. Still, I saw Ted last weekend and wil be seeing TASM this weekend.

Right now,

I'M PISSED OFF BECAUSE STUPID NSW LOST BY 1 FUCKING POINT!

I do believe that makes 7 series in a row. :lol:

Here's a bit of trivia for you.... NSW have never been able to post on facebook "We won the State of Origin" :)

:wiggle: Queenslander Baby! 7 in a row! :

Edited by Jajang
  • Like 1

I do believe that makes 7 series in a row. :lol:

Here's a bit of trivia for you.... NSW have never been able to post on facebook "We won the State of Origin" :)

:wiggle: Queenslander Baby! 7 in a row! :

That's creepy. My fb status was "Are we really that surprised NSW lost agin?".

My friend commented - "The last time NSW won, there was no such thing as iPhone and Facebook hadn't arrived in Australia yet. Food for thought"

Well, as expected big numbers for Origin last night. Be interesting to see if Rth can give us any info on how it affected the box office. Highest rating game of rugby league in the history of the Oztam ratings system(since 2001). Perfect day to open a movie aimed at young males.@MediaweekAUS: Wed TV #Origin3 2.62m (time corrected numbers will follow) (2012 Origin1 2.51m Origin2 2.49m)Update@MediaweekAUS: Wed TV UPDATED: #Origin3 2,680,000 (corrected metro numbers - regional will follow) (Origin1 2.51m Origin2 2.49m)Update@MediaweekAUS: Wed TV #Origin3 National average (metro+regional) 4,041,000 Source: OzTAM

Edited by DeeCee

TASM should do at least 1.3 for wed (not far behind but 2nd for the day to IA4) be 4th biggest opening day 2012 behind (TA,THG,SH)with the football last night, roughly post 6pm TASM business NSW/QLD 32%, compared to Vic 49%other SM openings OD/WE/CumeSM 1.7/10.6/30.8SM2 1.6/7.1/24.4(wed OP)SM3 1.8/9.5/24.0

Interesting. So the box office in NSW and Queensland dropped to about half what it would be on a regular evening.They should have opened it last Thursday. Probably would have had a $2m+ opening day and 3 weeks of play before TDKR arrives.Assuming QLD was $0.4m TASM should now be at $1.7m after 3 days in QLD and 1 day everywhere. Should now have a 4 day weekend of about $4.5-5.5m. Will probably fight it out with Ted for #1 as IA4 is losing to many sessions with the arrival of Ted. Most theatres seem to have the same number of sessions for TASM and Ted.