JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

OD is pointing to a slight increase over ST09 OW, but with 3D its about the sameor less in admissions unless it gets a good Friday and Saturday increase.

I think it's going to stay flat on ST09. If anything opening day was going to inflated.

Side note - I saw Star Trek into darkness tonight... loved it... as a trek affectionate... I think it's the best of the series so far...

cinema was about 80% full (I was in one of the big vmax cinemas at chermside)

fair enough you are entitled to your own opinion... i however disagree.... 

I loved the originals and own all on blueray + i watched and loved all the series (accept for enterprise which i never got into after the first season)

i enjoyed a lot of the twists on the original plots which were there if you remember the 2nd film well enough....

it's a new take on trek which i am liking personally.  dull is not a word i would use with this however .....

• Like 1

Rth

How well did the original Star Trek movies do relative to the rest of the market at that time?  What did they rank for the year?

I remember that TNG was on prime time television here but that DS9, Voyager and Enterprise were mostly on at 10:30-11:00.  I remember I watched some of them on video from the video store because their television broadcast was erratic.