JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

1st 7 days Wed-Tue IM3 20.1m (TA 21.9), 8th biggest week(6th biggest non-summer), 2013 BO its currently #4 after LOP,Hobbit(1/1+),Croods

Awesome, thanks! 

Considering its 5-day was $1.8m below TA, that means IM3 had the same Mon-Tuesday gross as TA!

$40m is definitely locked at this stage. Looking towards $43-44m

and I estimated 20.5m by the end of wednesday :) wow nice... so that is 2.6m in 2 days... add in another 1.2m for wednesday ?

we are @ 21.3m before the weekend even starts.... and a 3.8m weekday total.

for comparison:

The avengers did 4.1m after it's 19m opening.  

2nd weekend was of course 8.2m

so using this as a basis we could extrapolate a projected 2nd weekend total of 7.6m for Iron Man 3. and a running total of 28.9m....

that would be a good hold... but lets see how things pan out (I'm thinking a 2nd weekend between 7m and 9m is on the cards here)

and I estimated 20.5m by the end of wednesday :) wow nice... so that is 2.6m in 2 days... add in another 1.2m for wednesday ? we are @ 21.3m before the weekend even starts.... and a 3.8m weekday total. for comparison: The avengers did 4.1m after it's 19m opening.  2nd weekend was of course 8.2m so using this as a basis we could extrapolate a projected 2nd weekend total of 7.6m for Iron Man 3. and a running total of 28.9m....that would be a good hold... but lets see how things pan out (I'm thinking a 2nd weekend between 7m and 9m is on the cards here)

and I estimated 20.5m by the end of wednesday :) wow nice... so that is 2.6m in 2 days... add in another 1.2m for wednesday ? we are @ 21.3m before the weekend even starts.... and a 3.8m weekday total. for comparison: The avengers did 4.1m after it's 19m opening.  2nd weekend was of course 8.2m so using this as a basis we could extrapolate a projected 2nd weekend total of 7.6m for Iron Man 3. and a running total of 28.9m....that would be a good hold... but lets see how things pan out (I'm thinking a 2nd weekend between 7m and 9m is on the cards here)

I think second weekend range should be between $6.5-8.2m (TA).IM3 is doing great but TA was a beast of its own and it's legs were great! IM3 should do under TA 2nd weekend, but not by too much.

its legs will be cut

the ratings of the movie are just above average

top critics RT

Average Rating: 6.9/10Critic Reviews: 23Fresh: 18 | Rotten: 5

Edited by Halba
  • Like 1

its legs will be cut

top critics RT

IM3 is virtually assured to take out The Dark Knight in worldwide gross, and has a good shot at beating The Dark Knight Rises, as well.  You can have the RT score and the IMDb score.  Disney/Marvel will take the money.  To the fargin' bank.

its legs will be cutthe ratings of the movie are just above averagetop critics RT78Average Rating: 6.9/10Critic Reviews: 23Fresh: 18 | Rotten: 5

Since when did critics become a sign of good or bad legs? Especially a sample size of 23..We're already seeing good WOM and good holds here.

its legs will be cut

top critics RT

lol

ive seen the movie personally(im3).

its:

full of plot holes and inconsistencies(e.g. iron man armour suddenly weak/gets cut easily, extremis powers are too variable)also no plot or character development (a little bit for tony stark, could've done more for the villains)silly twist with mandarin decoy(batman begins) = making a mockery of their own villainvillains and their motivations are weakaction sequences are nowhere near as epic as avengers....fighting aliens and loki(a demi god) versus fighting humans and extremis soldiersmovie doesnt take itself serious, and neither should we, its pretty corny, some of the one liners are just...lol

Edited by Halba
  • Like 1

Lol. Tell me how that leg cutting goes....Im3 wasn't expected to come close to TA and yet it's very comparable so far. If the legs are gonna be bad then u would expect lower weekdays than it has seen so far. So far it appears to be tracking at around 90% of TA. That would see a total just under 48m. Hence my projected total of 45m. 40m does appear locked at this stage.

ive seen the movie personally(im3).its:

full of plot holes and inconsistencies(e.g. iron man armour suddenly weak/gets cut easily, extremis powers are too variable)also no plot or character development (a little bit for tony stark, could've done more for the villains)silly twist with mandarin decoy(batman begins) = making a mockery of their own villainvillains and their motivations are weakaction sequences are nowhere near as epic as avengers....fighting aliens and loki(a demi god) versus fighting humans and extremis soldiersmovie doesnt take itself serious, and neither should we, its pretty corny, some of the one liners are just...lol

I've seen it and disagree.So does the Australian public it seems.

its legs will be cut

top critics RT

Worst than average, mediocre critics didn't stop TF3 to become the 4th highest gross worldwide

Just sayin....

Edited by Ent

Worst than average, mediocre critics didn't stop TF3 to become the 4th highest gross worldwide

Just sayin....

true, but TF is an exception as its the largest kids toy franchise in the history of mankind. movie can be crap itll sell.

ultimately, quality of film holds weight. IM3 is dropping fast on imdb and RT because its not a great film. My reaction was "is that all" to im3. it didn't have that much action -

tony was rarely in the suit, and when he was, he was strangely depowered by shane black(extremis soldiers cutting him to pieces). WTF happened to the suit? From being able to go toe to toe with Thor and Loki, to suddenly being cut to shreds by Killian and James Badge Dale?

re multiplier - weekday holds. lets see its weekend drops okay? Thats the key. I predict huge enough drops and a low multiplier. WOM is average.

Edited by Halba