JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Average price for a film like STID would be around $14-$15? A $3 increase would be about 20-22%?Right?And Melbourne IMAX charge an extra $3 for all 3D sessions.

Imax doesnt charge different between 2d/3d movies or docs, there are different prices for 45min doc vs full length feature but same price for 2d/3d

Not bad. By my calcs that put stid at 10m and im3 up to 35mBy comparison Star Trek had 8.8m it went onto 16.1m. Given this and the fact the holds are similar stid is heading for 18m to 20m at this point. As for im3. It's still on target for 40m. Fast 6 doesn't hit here until first weekend in June so competition isn't to bad here either.

• Like 2

It's May 20 and we've only had two films open above $5m?!

There were four this time last year (Sherlock, THG, TA and The Dictator). TH's first weekend in 2013 was over $5m and that was the same weekend as Sherlock's, so you could say, if you stretch the definition just a bit, that we've had three.

It's May 20 and we've only had two films open above $5m?!

Yep, and i'm not convinced that the coming weekend will  change that either.....

Actually the 2 highest weekends are still owned by the same film (Iron Man 3 owns 2 highest weekend totals this year)

EDIT - forgot the hobbit, but iron man 3 still owns the top 2 weekends :P so it's 4 weekend totals over 5m, but still not good

last year we'd had 4 openings above 5m and 11 films past 10m at this point of the year. (we are only up to 9 at this point)

Edited by Jajang

5-day OW for Fast and Furious 6...11.5-12m 5-day is achievable I think. FF5 did 13.6m 7-day (Wed-Tues)

I agree. Could even go higher. But we have a few more weeks before that hits.
  • Like 1