JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

School holidays continue for various states for the next 2-3 weeks.  NSW and Victoria, half the country, are out for the next two weeks. DM2 and MU will barely drop for the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Fantastic!! How high a total can DM2 go now?

probably 30m plus its drop on the weekend was far less than other films that had opened (MU as well with 10% drop) with QLD coming in in week 1 and NSW/VIC starting following (Avg -30%, DME -9%, Mon-Wed should be good)

• Like 1

Today is going to be insane. Probably one of the busiest days of the year so far. I think the first few days of Janurary are our only real days that it won't beat from memory. Now off to work!

Have fun. Try not to get trampled.
  • Like 1

Despicable Me 2 at my local (it's 10.53am right now)2D11am - sold out12.10 - sold out1.00 - sold out2.40 - 3/4 full3D 5.00pm - starting to sell7.00 - starting to sellMonsters Uni:12.00 - 3/4 full3D 1.10 - 1/3 full2.20 - 1/3 full4.40 - no tickets sold7.00pm 1/4 fullNicely said, DM2 is kicking MUs ass.

For one thing Animation does nothing these days in 3d,and in general 3d dropping (not as much as US)

Yeah. Though we still had 40-60% of sessions in 3D all year, even though we'd only get 30-40% attendance. Now it's like 5% 3D sessions :pSo as of 4pm we have sold more tickets today than any day since January last year.And we should beat that tonight easily!Somehow it wasn't too bad to work it though :D

Yeah. Though we still had 40-60% of sessions in 3D all year, even though we'd only get 30-40% attendance. Now it's like 5% 3D sessions :pSo as of 4pm we have sold more tickets today than any day since January last year.And we should beat that tonight easily!Somehow it wasn't too bad to work it though :D

I'd love to see stats on it, but I'm pretty sure more and more people are booking in advance, especially since most cinemas now offer allocated seating.