JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Not quite that high :),itll wind up coming in close to cume $au 11.2, wkend 11m, Sunday was slighly down on satTGG 1.5, THO3 650k

Incredible!And I hope those other figures are Sunday figures, and not weekend. I'd be very concerned :S

nice hold by gatsby....

i'll do up a comparison to "Australia" later on as it could become an interesting comparison with holidays looming soon.

frankly the holidays are about the same time in TGG's run as "Australia" had even if australia had christmas as it's holidays i think that 30m is possible given this hold (it's actually stronger than Australia.....)

As for FF6, I'm holding off and saying 30m yet as the history of this franchise is against it, but 25m looks locked at this point with a total around 28m very likely... any more will need some strong holds in the coming weeks (which could be helped by the coming holidays so it's a shot but i'm holding off until i see where it's heading)

As for FF6, I'm holding off and saying 30m yet as the history of this franchise is against it, but 25m looks locked at this point with a total around 28m very likely... any more will need some strong holds in the coming weeks (which could be helped by the coming holidays so it's a shot but i'm holding off until i see where it's heading)

actually i'm doing up a showdown for FF6 and frankly 30m is a lot more likely than we thought.... (though I am using Shrek 3 & Harry Potter 3 as comparisons but both those films had what i would consider to be terrible legs and they opened to very similar totals to what FF6 appears to have opened with....... both made it past 33m which to me points to a > 30m for FF6.  The only hold back is of course the performance of FF5.  The key difference here will be the holidays which will happen in only a few weeks for FF6.  I feel this will be enough to get it there unless the film falls off the face of the planet before then that is.

ActualsThu-Sun1-FF6 513 11,088,061 11,289,659(2nd biggest 2013 OWe behind IM3 ,biggest UPI behind Ted,)2-TGG 584 4,565,338 -33% 14,110,0413-THO3 432 1,952,793 -55% 18,589,5394-STID 290 606,420 -48% 15,390,8685-IM3 168 425,722 -50% 38,805,073 

Edited by Rth
  • Like 2