JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

ok i'm not changing... i want to see a list of top films fo 2012 that shows the biggest film "RELEASED" that year - let the official charts reflect the calendar results.

I'm gonna differentiate my charts that way (not that it impacts charts on this years top 20 yet... :P

• Like 2

Man of steel is not a contender. 20m but 30m or more *cough*Catching fire - 30m+ with 40m a good chance. Iron man 3 (on the back of the avengers should be stronger than the prior entries. )As for the hobbit. Could it make 40m in 2012 ? Is that possible? 30m in 2013?

ok... so lets see if it's even possible (and I tend to agree with you but just a thought ..)26/12 (Wed) - 8m27/12 (thurs) - 5m28/12 (fri) - 5m29/12 (sat) - 6m30/12 (sun) - 6m31/12 (mon) - 3m(btw - thats OD & OW records falling for this film... (am i little optimistic ?) thats 33m in 6 days.. yeah 40m in 6 ain't happening but is the above possible ??? as insane as it looks ?I however think 30m to 35m is very possible. 35m is becoming a stretch... but if the hobbit lives up to expectations... well who knows... (will edit this post with some adjusted numbers from ROTK when i get a chance.)oh and if we get a start like this... 50m is locked at that point... 60m is the real question with a chance at even 70m if it's legs are closer to FOTR.- jajang

• Like 1

I think $30m 2012 and $40m 2013 would be more likely than the other way around, and I can't really see anything making more than $40m next year TBH. Catching Fire might have the best chance but I think next year might be much more spread out than previous years.

Scary thought - we haven't had an opening day that broke 5.2m (see: LOTR TTT) that fell on a thursday. highest OD:1. HP7.2 - 7m (Wed)2. TA - 6m (wed)3. LOTR: ROTK - 5.3m (fri)4. LOTR: TTT - 5.2m (thurs)thats one hell of a weekend coming up if TH can live up the hype this year that is. next year will ... well be very crazy.30m+ in 2012 all most locks TH to break OW record I think... and will likely have to take down the OD to do it! it will either be the fastest or 2nd fastest to 30m. anyway enough talk of what might be... is TDKR still no. 1 ?