Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

16 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

Anyone can tell me where can I see Oppenheimer in English in Florence?I check the whole internet and can’t found the single cinema have O.V Oppenheimer,But I really want to watch the movie…

If it doesn’t have any OV in Florence,please tell me where can I see it in Italy,I’ll take the train to get there,or else I have to go to France or Germany to watch it 

Seems to early to have news. I don't know about Florence but in Milan there will be a lot of them for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sophia Jane said:

Anyone can tell me where can I see Oppenheimer in English in Florence?I check the whole internet and can’t found the single cinema have O.V Oppenheimer,But I really want to watch the movie…

If it doesn’t have any OV in Florence,please tell me where can I see it in Italy,I’ll take the train to get there,or else I have to go to France or Germany to watch it 

Rome has a lot of OV shows, but I think you'll find a cinema in Florence, don't worry.

• Like 1

Barbie stayed above 1M with 1.03M monday, so I guess good odds it stays above 1M until thu. Not really sure Meg will even impact it much, at my locals shows for Barbie have barely changed, Meg is eating the scraps with a very low amount of shows for a new release while turtles has taken the same road as oppy/haunted mansion and moved to end of august.

Feels like an open run all the way through august at this point so I'm still feeling decently good about hitting 30M but we'll see. Can't see any way it's not beating NWH regardless, and will probably do so early next week if not earlier.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2

6 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Barbie stayed above 1M with 1.03M monday, so I guess good odds it stays above 1M until thu. Not really sure Meg will even impact it much, at my locals shows for Barbie have barely changed, Meg is eating the scraps with a very low amount of shows for a new release while turtles has taken the same road as oppy/haunted mansion and moved to end of august.

Feels like an open run all the way through august at this point so I'm still feeling decently good about hitting 30M but we'll see. Can't see any way it's not beating NWH regardless, and will probably do so early next week if not earlier.

With Kraven, Dune, Wonka etc all possibly delayed I may be "forced" to go see films that I wouldn't have considered before like The Meg, Ninja Turtles or the horror about Dracula as there will probably be almost nothing in the theaters... 

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

really a record july- august for italian box office. Oppeneihmer will be really strong in its first week 24-30 august. 

blue beetle probably won't make a 1m total 😅

How much can Nolan make in your opinion? More than 10m total?

25 minutes ago, Zamor said:

How much can Nolan make in your opinion? More than 10m total?

sure. Even Tenet made 7m euros in the peak of pandemic with all the restrictions. 13-14M is the range it will absolutely reach. If the WOM it's very very very good can reach 15-16M.

I mean kinda of a little bit less than half of Barbie box office like in every market. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

sure. Even Tenet made 7m euros in the peak of pandemic with all the restrictions. 13-14M is the range it will absolutely reach. If the WOM it's very very very good can reach 15-16M.

I mean kinda of a little bit less than half of Barbie box office like in every market. 

Yeah and in Spain (very similar to us) it already surpassed 10M, so it will definitely get over this mark

Edited by MG10
  • Like 2

Does anyone knows how to track Oppenheimer presalses? 

I'm watching it in 70mm and it's all packed for the first 4 days at least, every show (even 10.30 am). I never had to book a ticket so early before.

14 minutes ago, Zamor said:

Does anyone knows how to track Oppenheimer presalses? 

I'm watching it in 70mm and it's all packed for the first 4 days at least, every show (even 10.30 am). I never had to book a ticket so early before.

they seems very solid. I would say right now are bigger than barbie pre sales 15 days before release but of course Nolan has a kinda of audience more interested to buy a tickets weeks before to have the better place etc.

I don't see an 8M debut as Barbie but could have chances for 6M first weekend (with a day more than barbie). 

• Like 1

italy isn't that big of a presale country so idk if there's any worth in even bothering - anyway to track presales you basically have to count tickets and compare with other films (fwiw: if you want to do it I suggest learning how to code a scraper to preserve your sanity).

barbie didn't look that big to me until close to release where it started simply exploding.

• Like 1

Weekend Thu-Sun

1. Barbie €3.15m (€24.6m)

2. The Meg 2 €2.3m (OW)

3. M:I 7 €0.3m (€4.7m)

4. Elemental €0.2m (€6.0m)

5. Indiana Jones €0.1m (€6.0m)

Edited by Zamor
  • Like 4