Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' becomes biggest 2024 film

Sonic 2 debuts with 1.5M which surprisingly is slightly more than the first, while Morbius makes 550k with a drop of 66%. Corro da Te and Batman have drops above 50% for the first time, and the upcoming Fantastic Beasts movie will probably give them the "final blow"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2022 at 12:02 PM, fabiopazzo2 said:

Good OD for FB3

1 ANIMALI FANTASTICI - I SEGRETI DI SILENTE (FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE) 13/04/2022 GBR WARNER BROS ITALIA S.P.A. € 818.290 112.664 € 818.290

Very nice, The Batman opened with 700k and recently passed the 10 million, Fantastic Beasts won't have many problem in doing the same

Edited by MG10
  • Like 3

€3.5M debut for Fantastic Beasts 3, although the film is in theaters from Wednesday instead of the usual Thursday and therefore making comparisons is a bit difficult

Morbius on the other hand grossed 200k with another >60% drop, it will end slightly above the €3M which is bad but we certainly aren't the market where it did worse

At the end I noticed that No Way Home this weekend has ended its run having left the last theaters with a final total of €24.656M and 3.004M admissions, but it's also true that Cinetel doesn't cover 100% of the box office so the real numbers are slightly higher 😅

Edited by MG10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In its second week Fantastic Beasts 3 dropped only by 35% and therefore the total is already at 6.2M euros (7M dollars), in the list of the highest grossing movies since the beginning of the pandemic it has already passed House of Gucci, Death on the Nile at 5M and Uncharted 6M, while during this week it will pass Venom 2 and Dune at 7M and probably also No Time to Die and Eternals at 8M

The "fight" with The Batman is going to be very interesting, at the moment it is at 10.2M euros and shouldn't finish much above...

This was also a weekend full of interesting releases like "Il Sesso degli Angeli" at 700k euros or "The Northman" and "The Lost City" both at 400k

• Like 3

Sorry guys,not a box office topic

I recently change my mind for my abording learning ,not going to Ireland but going to Italy ,and I already win the TOLC-E exam and got the offer of Italy's Bologna University,I want to know that is COVID situation serious here for now?Can anyone who live in Italy tell me?Thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, Bruce said:

Sorry guys,not a box office topic

I recently change my mind for my abording learning ,not going to Ireland but going to Italy ,and I already win the TOLC-E exam and got the offer of Italy's Bologna University,I want to know that is COVID situation serious here for now?Can anyone who live in Italy tell me?Thanks a lot.

As the author of 90% of the posts in this thread (😅) I take the honor of answering you, generally the situation is under control and the problems and limitations are very few

Right now they would be quite complicated to explain but from the 1th of May (or even better from 2th of May since it's Monday) they will change a bit and the only limitations will be to show a "vaccination pass" if you want to make visits in hospitals or in nursing homes, and use the mask in indoor and crowded spaces for example at school, at work, on public transports and in the disco (and they still have to decide for cinemas and theaters) 

Another thing I wanted to add is that Bologna is undoubtedly one of the best Italian cities to live in so you'll probably like it, although I personally prefer those with fewer inhabitants like Trento, Bolzano, Parma or Mantova (all around 500k inhabitants, while the metropolitan area of Bologna has over 1 million people)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MG10 said:

As the author of 90% of the posts in this thread (😅) I take the honor of answering you, generally the situation is under control and the problems and limitations are very few

Right now they would be quite complicated to explain but from the 1th of May (or even better from 2th of May since it's Monday) they will change a bit and the only limitations will be to show a "vaccination pass" if you want to make visits in hospitals or in nursing homes, and use the mask in indoor and crowded spaces for example at school, at work, on public transports and in the disco (and they still have to decide for cinemas and theaters) 

Another thing I wanted to add is that Bologna is undoubtedly one of the best Italian cities to live in so you'll probably like it, although I personally prefer those with fewer inhabitants like Trento, Bolzano, Parma or Mantova (all around 500k inhabitants, while the metropolitan area of Bologna has over 1 million people)

Thanks for your answering,Studying abroad alone requires more consideration on safety,I know Italy don't have much gunshot problem like US,so COVID probably the only one thing that I care about.

All in all,Italy is a very safe country, I hope to meet more friendly friends like you and I also hope I will have unforgotable experience in your country!

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

Endgame and Joker 

And I add also that for number of tickets sold it's:

1) Joker - 4.25M

2) Avengers: Endgame - 4.1M

3) Spider-Man - 4M

4) Spider-Man 2 - 3.6M

5) Spider-Man: No Way Home - 3.3M

• Like 1