Lordmandeep

Best Battle in a Movie?

Anyone think the symbolism of Gandalf charging with the Riders of Rohan in TTT is Biblical in nature.

No. The change from Erkenbrand's thousand infantry to Eomer's two thousand horsemen seals it as just an epic/operatic version of the Cavalry rescuing the besieged wagon train from "savages."
  • Like 1

True but Gandalf is sort of like Jesus lol coming down in the white light of good against the forces of darkness.

I think you can dissect the scene in many ways.

Nevertheless one of the best scenes in recent films. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

As a whole I found this movie very disappointing, but this is the stand out scene. 

Wow Jay , your tastes are very different my friend..lol That Last Mohican battle scene is amongst cinemas best! :)

For  some reason it reminds me of the Patriot scenes, which is also a  standout..Though the movie was a bit  cliche.

How so?

I'm assuming because of how it looks/is shot.  Gandalf + Rohirrim charging down the hill with the blinding white light shining over them into a dark valley full of Uruk-hai = Army of God coming down from Heaven to cleanse Hell or whatever.  It did cross my mind as well.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

Battling, I know its a bit hightech, but have you all forgot this one. ;)  Come on both have to be mention in history of greatest battle Scenes.  Love the cool fighting sequences and dialogue  before Smith and Neo and the perfectly timed music with each of the amazing things Neo pulls off here....

" We are here what you have tried to take from us Mr Anderson!" "  "Purpose!"

Edited by Superman001

True but Gandalf is sort of like Jesus lol coming down in the white light of good against the forces of darkness.

Except Jesus doesn't do anything of the sort. I mean, you might say you find some metaphysical/visual connection, but it's hardly Biblical, per se... in fact, it probably owes more to traditional heroic epic sagas than something like the Bible.

I personally find the finale of Last of The Mohicans better then the battle.

Every action and line is set in line perfectly with the score. Something you do not see these days.

Agreed, it's far more emotional. I just didn't mention it because, like Numbers said, it's not really a battle. But it's definitely the high point of the movie.

• Like 1

Except Jesus doesn't do anything of the sort. I mean, you might say you find some metaphysical/visual connection, but it's hardly Biblical, per se... in fact, it probably owes more to traditional heroic epic sagas than something like the Bible.

Agreed, it's far more emotional. I just didn't mention it because, like Numbers said, it's not really a battle. But it's definitely the high point of the movie.

Lol  Tele you know you just like that betrayer Mohican fellow getting the cuda-graw from the old one.. Definitely was an emotional moment indeed, didnt expect the son to bite the farm and lose while trying to get his girl back :(

Its something a lot of my family friends and cousins thought.

Its not a direct comparison its just that Gandalf is like Jesus as he is born again by God (or Gods) to help the world and he rally's the forces of Good against the forces of darkness. 

I am saying LOTR and many fantasy books are drawn from all kinds of sources... 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Its something a lot of my family friends and cousins thought.

ts not a direct comparison its just that Gandalf is like Jesus as he is born again by God (or Gods) to help the world and he rally's the forces of Good against the forces of darkness. 

The battle between you and me (usa version) circa 2000-2001  is also jaw dropping to behold Prince Vegita.. Your Gatlin Gun vs my KatoKen techinque...Its what legends were made from. .Pity we didnt reach the big screen domestically... We deserved it fellow Sayjin.

" KATOKEN  TIMES 4!!"  :)

Edited by Superman001

The battle between you and me (usa version) circa 2000-2001  is also jaw dropping to behold Prince Vegita.. Your Gatlin Gun vs my KatoKen techinque...Its what legends were made from. .Pity we didnt reach the big screen domestically... We deserved it fellow Sayjin.

" KATOKEN  TIMES 4!!"  :)

That is the best battle in a Anime series  :D

• Like 1

That is the best battle in a Anime series  :D

Yes sir... Shoot best battle period in alot of peoples eyes. The USA version totally  made the whole Sayjin saga feel even bigger...Wow.

I think alot of that was done in Canada by the way Lordman awesome. FUnimation had alot of Canookians rocking the voice world. I was reall upset when I heard in the later 2000s they recast all the voices pretty much to do over the sayjin saga.

Are they nuts!!! Lol

Its not a battle with soldiers so to speak but i think the space battle at the end of 'Return of the Jedi' is the best space battle put onto film, nothing else has come close to it which is pretty funny really when we live in the cgi world where nothing is impossible anymore.

• Like 1