baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

Hey guys, for the sake of the game and not making it anticlimactic, can we not try to figure out our preseason scores yet?  Or at least don't talk about them publicly?  Part of the fun of the game is adding everything up in September and declaring a winner.  

I'd appreciate it.  I don't mind you talking about your top 15 and such but try not to figure everyone's score out.

Thank you.

• Like 4

TENTATIVE ANSWERS TO CJOHN's CHALLENGE, ANY EDITS WILL BE DONE IN THIS POST AND BEFORE MIDNIGHT THURSDAY FORUM TIME IF THERE ARE ANY TO BE DONE

1. Will GOTG make more than 40.935M this weekend domestically? YES
2. Will TMNT open over 43.39M? NO
3. Will 2nd-8th place combine to gross more than GOTG's opening week? YES
4. Will any movie increase more than 74.5% on Friday? YES (Assuming top 12 as opposed to 'any' movie) [Thank you hercules)
5. Which movie will be first place on Saturday?  GOTG
6. Will Hercules drop between 56.5% and 59.5% domestically this weekend? NO
7. Will Boyhood increase this weekend between 20.5% and 24.5%? NO

____

Which 2 the following films (you need to get both right) will finish closest (Percentage) to the target gross given by the end of the game?

Guardians - 235M
TF4 - 248M - This one
Lucy - 110M
Apes - 209.1M - And this one
Tammy - 86.5M

So if film A has a target of 100m and B is 200M, if A finishes with 90M and B with 185M B would be the answer as it is closer percentage wise (185/200 = 92.5% whilst 90/100 = 90% )

I think I may be still alive!! :o

• Like 1

I think I may be still alive!! :o

Did 2nd thru 8th gross more than GOTGs opening week though? Opening weekend yes, not sure about opening week. Fell about 25M short of opening week though.So, who is the guy with all 15 correct? He is our new champ then. Edited by grim22

Did 2nd thru 8th gross more than GOTGs opening week though? Opening weekend yes, not sure about opening week. Fell about 25M short of opening week though.So, who is the guy with all 15 correct? He is our new champ then.

I have only just noticed that now, (considering I set the exact question to Cjohn (only as weekend). That would be a cunning and malicious trick if intended :(

Edited to say that I discovered that the typo was mine (if Cjohn did in fact just copy paste my question with the same mistake). My question was meant to say will 2nd-8th beat GOTG's opening weekend (as opening week is such an easily obvious NO that I'd never set it. 

SO on my end at least, I'd believe that CJohn read the question as opening weekend as I intended it to be and thus would accept his YES answer as being correct.

Edited by chasmmi

I have only just noticed that now, (considering I set the exact question to Cjohn (only as weekend). That would be a cunning and malicious trick if intended :(Edited to say that I discovered that the typo was mine (if Cjohn did in fact just copy paste my question with the same mistake). My question was meant to say will 2nd-8th beat GOTG's opening weekend (as opening week is such an easily obvious NO that I'd never set it. SO on my end at least, I'd believe that CJohn read the question as opening weekend as I intended it to be and thus would accept his YES answer as being correct.

I think CJohn would lose more points by allowing your answer than he would by you allowing his answer I think. 25k points lost by you allowing his answer, 50k points lost by allowing yours.This is like the boat scene in TDK, only boring.

CJohn has not been here yet to comment on what his intended question for me was, it's very possible it is written how he planned and as such I am wrong.

All I know is that I would not set him a question asking him whether the 2-8th would gross 35 odd million more than they were tracking to when I am desperately trying to get 25k and I'm pretty sure he would not answer Yes to such a question (which he did so).

So regardless of what becomes of my set of answers, I consider his YES for that question to be refering to the weekend as I intended it to and I would accept it as such regardless.

1. Will GOTG make more than 43.76M this weekend domestically? (Actuals) YES - Lol2. Will Hercules drop between 56.7% and 59.1% domestically this weekend? NO3.Will Lucy increase more than 34.5% on Saturday (8/9)? YES 4. Will Get On Up drop more than 28.4% on Sunday (8/10)? NO - Lol5. Will GOTG gross more than 15.28M on Saturday(8/9)? YES6. Will Hercules increase less than 29.3% on Saturday (8/9)? NO7. Will the top 10 average weekend drop (for all decreases not including increases) be between 43.3% and 47.4%? NO - ???____Give me the dates the following movies will hit the grosses next to them. You must get 3/5 correct. You have a 1 day cushion.GOTG - 186.56M Tue Aug 12 - Locked to be correct (it will pass this mark at most on Wednesday)TNMT - 85.45M Sat Aug 16 Lucy - 95.34M Mon Aug 11 - Already right (actuals need to change and make the movie pass the mark on Saturday instead of Sunday)Get On Up - 23.41M Sun Aug 10 - Already right (needs 500k on Monday)Hercules - 67.2M Sun Aug 17

You are safe in the SOTM I think. Question 7 is the problem. I don't know if you got it right. If you did, you just won 50000 points. 

Eh duck you Chewy.1) Will Turtles gross more than 44.44M? NO - Lol2) Will Into the Storm gross more than 15M? NO - Lol3) Will Hercules drop between 54.8% and 57.3%? NO4) Will Planes gross more than Purge? YES5) Will Purge increase by more than 21.5% on Saturday? YES 6) Will Apes drop less than 45%? NO7) Will Step Up gross more than 10M? NOSOTMTell me the day each film will pass the target #. You have a one-day cushion, and must get 3/5 correctGuardians - 200M = August 15thEdge of Tomorrow - 100M - NOT DURING THE BSGLucy - 100M August 17thHercules - 70M August 21stChef - 30M August 31st

SOTM is your problem. You are safe on the rest. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

HOLY SHIT, CHEWY MAY HAVE JUST WON 25000 POINTS AND ED COLLAPSED A GIANT 50000 POINTS!!!

The average drop is like 54%. 

The Purge/Planes question may still bite ED in the ass with actuals and make him lose the challenge tomorrow. 

Edited by CJohn

You mean he beat my challenge, but that doesn't mean I lose his challenge...

Yes, I know, I wrote that above. There is a question that may screw you with actuals, but otherwise you are still alive.