Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Posted Image

end of discussion  -_-

Love that podcast. They actually cover some really cool stories. But in terms of podcasts, I love Scriptnotes, Wait wait don't tell me, The Steve Austin show and "How did this get made" better.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

Love that podcast. They actually cover some really cool stories. But in terms of podcasts, I love Scriptnotes, Wait wait don't tell me, The Steve Austin show and "How did this get made" better.

thanks, i will check those out.

Let's say 37m Friday. That's a good increase over Thor 2 OD of 31.9m. Yep, its more frontloaded than Thor's midnights/OD, but its normal. The marketing has been better, the awareness higher and the movie looked a lot more exciting. So more frontloading is normal, nothing wrong here.

Also, the movie is coming from the lukewarm reception of both IM3 and THOR2, yet is gonna increase from the previous film more than that movies.

All in all, 95m OW woud be fantastic.

Iron Man 2 OW: 128.1m

Iron Man 3 OW: 174.1m (+36%)

Thor OW: 65.7m

Thor 2 OW: 85.7m (+30%)

CA OW: 65.0m

CA2 OW: 95m (+46%)

Where's the problem? Like always, people overreacting. 10m midnights? 120 OW locked and 300 domestic. C'mon.

A final total north of 250m is happening. Huge win.

Part of the problem is indeed people overpredicting, but there's also a strong possibility here that since this movie isn't quite as kid-friendly as other Marvel fare, it's Saturday boosts won't be quite as strong.

thanks, i will check those out.

Also check out "Risk". It is like "This American Life" but instead of news stories, it involves people telling stories about themselves that they wouldn't normally tell on a public platform. Slightly more risque content than This American Life, but pretty good nonetheless.

• Like 1

Part of the problem is indeed people overpredicting, but there's also a strong possibility here that since this movie isn't quite as kid-friendly as other Marvel fare, it's Saturday boosts won't be quite as strong.

it needed more clolors  :ph34r:

Posted Image

Possible, but the insane WOM among adults will balance that out throughout the weekend and the rest of the run.

Edited by picores

Possible, but the insane WOM among adults will balance that out througout the weekend and the rest of the run.

Also the risk of release date paid off. It has the whole month to itself now.

• Like 1

Also the risk of release date paid off. It has the whole month to itself now.

It loses IMAX in 2 weeks though, and has family competition next week. Of course, direct demo competition won't be seen for 4 weeks.

I was shocked that Century City and Universal City didn't have sellouts tonight. Even the IMAX showings. Like I said, the showings seem to skewed towards 2D, 2D showings are outnumbering 3D showings in most theaters I am checking.

Well with CATWS CC is currently 3rd highest grossing in GLA, behind Burbank & Arc Sherman oaks, Citywalk is way down the list Edited by Rth
  • Like 3

Well CC is currently 3rd highest grossing in GLA, behind Burbank & Arc Sherman oaks, Citywalk is way down the list

At 22$ for IMAX 3D, 20$ for 3D and 17.50 for 2D, I would be surprised if it wasn't in the top 3  :P