Noctis

Weekend Actuals

Unless the NCAA Championship game really made an impact, 74% seem pretty harsh for a flick that grossed roughly $20M less on it's First Sunday. A drop just/over 70% seems much more reasonable.

Well we'll see. I expect a pretty nice Tuesday increase though. Don't ask me why.

• Like 1

Perhaps... He did post some numbers over the weekend and a nice theater breakdown. Perhaps he's just busy.

Yep. He works wih raw numbers and not just U.S. but the foreign numbers too.  Lot of work for him. I'm happy he gives us what he does. He doesn't have to do that.

• Like 2

This Week's Predictions -

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Marvel Studios/Disney) - $47.7 million -50%

2. Rio 2 (20th Century Fox) - $37.2 million N/A

3. Oculus (Relativity Media) - $13.0 million N/A

4. Draft Day (Summit) - $10.8 million N/A

5. Noah (Paramount) - $8 million -52%

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendwarriornews.php?id=116886

• Like 2

Rth, is there a listing of the top per-screening average for specific theaters? As I'd expect, the top placing theaters are going to have multiple shows. (As when Seattle's Pacific Place showed up a few weeks ago for GBH. It had something like 17 showings). It'd be interesting to see which theaters get the most out of their showings, though. While I think we'd probably see many of the same theaters, there are probably some smaller movie houses that might get more out of their more limited resources.

for Dom market even though for most theatres the data is collected its not presented, in some other markets you can see things like

X film , played 500 theatres on 1500 screens across 3000 sessions and then see at say theatre level that a X film played at Y theatre on screen 2,3 &7 and how many sessions at each screen and how much it took individually and then to take it further 3D vs 2D vs Dubbed vs Subtitled  vs 35mm vs digital vs Imax, people who watch the film standing on they head etc etc

Edited by Rth
  • Like 2