CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

DOFP had everything I hoped it would and more. It took the best of First Class, the best of X2, and morphed them together to make the perfect X-Men movie for the post- TDK comic book movie world. 

Really? DOFP felt like a pre-2008 superhero movie to me, and I say that as a compliment.

• Like 1

I think thats the direction they should go. .They need a guy who can get seriously pumped up, has a look like say Brad Pitt and perhaps use CGI for him to play the adam character.I dont think they need 2 actors to play Adam/and his alter ego -the most powerful man in the universe!"

Sony has a chance to have a LOTR level franchise if they do this one right I think Walt.. Now why didnt disney go after He-Man??!!

Dammit...I know He-Man would be killer if it came from Disney or Time Warner, but lets see what Sony pulls off with it.

Sony did a really good job with Men in Black, so there is hope.

I think there an outside chance if it can just hold great on 4th of July weekend.  If we can get a 50% or less Drop that would be great.

Hope so, though some of our friends are hating it.. Ive never seen a film that I've hated from this franchise.. The worse one was Transformers 2 and it still had moments of wonder and was certainly better than TASM2, Catwoman and Batman and Robin.

If the kids and fans show up I think 2.8-3.0X multi could happen  Filmscholar...Not sure on how this film ranks with that repeat business factor though. Its so long and isnt exactly Titanic in its quality lol

It's not gonna get a bloody 3.0 multiplier. C'mon.

Hope so, though some of our friends are hating it.. Ive never seen a film that I've hated from this franchise.. The worse one was Transformers 2 and it still had moments of wonder and was certainly better than TASM2, Catwoman and Batman and Robin.

That's one hell of a high bar there. ;) Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Sony did a really good job with Men in Black, so there is hope.

Heres the heman thread our bud Neo started so we can discuss the film and the journey to bringing one of the most loved ficticious characters back to glory.. He-Man was one of the greatest creations of my childhood. I remember my first lil gf , kids around the block in florida all clamboring at my home to wach episodes.. There crazy rotating waist toys in hand..

Wow at how Big Heman was and yet he still doesnt have a big film out like Transformers and TMNT

HE-MAN 2015 Discussion thread Walt and all hopefuls at Masters of the Universe will conquer the BO :)...

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/6343-masters-of-the-universe/page-2

Edited by Superman001

Cap 2 and DOFP have TDKR beat not only in the action department but drama department also.The Bucky and Xavier stuff was stronger dramatically than anything you get from Blake/Bane/Talia.

I disagree completely. While CAP2's beats weren't wrong, they weren't executed strongly. Good ideas, not-so-great execution.
  • Like 2