#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

He gets featured in Oscar articles every year, poor guy. Apparently one of the leading reasons why he's never won (because at this point, people would probably give him sympathy votes) is that for sound mixing, only the movie's title is listed on the ballot, not the names of the nominees. And O'Connell tends to work on a lot of blockbusters that aren't necessarily critically acclaimed.

That explains a lot. When he was nominated the 1820th time, an interviewer asked him who he would be taking to the ceremony, and he said "My mom". I thought he would get enough sympathy votes that year to finally win one. He didn't. His mom passed away a month later. He hasn't been nominated since, if he gets nominated again, the studio should just do a good PR campaign to remind people of the last time he was nominated as well as the 19 other times.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

That is pretty awesome. Interesting that Variety used to care about accuracy.

Yeah Variety use to get a sample of theatre grosses from several hundred theatres, they use to alos publish individual theatre grosses (selected theatres, selected cities), the weekend BO report that use to appear in Variety where the sample ones so this what X film took 300 theatres of 1000, there was never a full weekend chart.

I'll have to try remember all the details, but basically on what Variety had from its own data and other sources didn't believe the nationwide gross given,

• Like 3

I wouldn't even know the criteria for evaluating sound editing or sound mixing. Best Picture, Directing, Best Animated Picture, best animated short, Score, and Original Song are much easier for me to have an opinion on.

Yes, but it says nothing about how a film is written or directed. And, even though I wholly agree with your statement, about 0.000001% of the population goes to see a movie to marvel at how well the sound was edited.

Subconscious they do though.  

• Like 3

Chris is love. Chris is life.

Somewhere the Nolanite Signal is going off, and then when they realize who the Chris actually is they'll sigh and moan and go back to their cave to play Parcheesi

• Like 5

Somewhere the Nolanite Signal is going off, and then when they realize who the Chris actually is they'll sigh and moan and go back to their cave to play Parcheesi

But wait, there's more!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 10

Yeah Variety use to get a sample of theatre grosses from several hundred theatres, they use to alos publish individual theatre grosses (selected theatres, selected cities), the weekend BO report that use to appear in Variety where the sample ones so this what X film took 300 theatres of 1000, there was never a full weekend chart.

I'll have to try remember all the details, but basically on what Variety had from its own data and other sources didn't believe the nationwide gross given,

This is really interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing this.