#ED

Deliver Us From Evil (2014)

Deliver Us From Evil (2014)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Deliver Us From Evil (2014)

The movie was decent.  It was mostly plot driven with the two main actors doing well, but it was kind of slow and led up to the last part of the exorcism.  The exorcism part isn't too bad though but that was really the best part

Overall, not bad, but for me, it was just kind of blah

B/B-

• Like 1

C+ I guess.

I thought early on the movie did well maintaining atmosphere and tone but then it kinda became a weird Law and Order episode. Idk how to feel. It was like two or three movies were put into a blender and this came out. And it wasn't bad but if I ask for orange juice I sure as hell don't want fruit punch.

And then there's the problem with it not being scary and only intermittently creepy. I did like the basement corpse and the guy eating his leg during the exorcism though.

• Like 2

The last movie in my horror marathon. It came after As Above, So Below, that was quite fast paced, so it seemed slow. The acting was the best part of the movie. Audiences laughed a lot at the numerous jokes and the jump scares were the best of the 4 movies. The final was amazing. But till we got there, most of us were checking our phones. 

Still, nicely made movie.

B+ 

Seriously this will turn into one of the best accidental comedies of recent years for me. If the plot that didn't make much sense and the ciggarette smoking-alcohol drinking ex-junkie heartbreaker undercover (probably so Satan wouldn't recognize him) priest with the cliche traumatic past wasn't enough, the inclusion and use of The Doors songs and lyrics as plot points were the final nail in the coffin.

On a positive note it made me laugh unexpectedly and made me put on some old Doors songs.

• Like 1