La Binoche

Thurs #s (Deadline): T:AOE 9.45, Tammy 5.5, DUFE 2.6, ETE 2.6, HTTYD + 22 JS 2.5

Eh. The quality of both is high enough that it comes down to personal taste.

Yeah, if someone thinks Frozen is better, then that is fine with me as it is really good. I just think that The Lion King is the greatest WDA film. 

Est %age change from yesterdayAoE 9.45. +31%Tammy. 5.5. -11%Dufe. 2.6. -9%Ete. 2.6. -2%22JS. 2.5. +27%Httyd 2 2.5 +27%Maleficent 1.5. +24%DoFP .38. +30%So going by this EoT could be between 657 - 682 +25-30%

• Like 3

Est %age change from yesterdayAoE 9.45. +31%Tammy. 5.5. -11%Dufe. 2.6. -9%Ete. 2.6. -2%22JS. 2.5. +27%Httyd 2 2.5 +27%Maleficent 1.5. +24%DoFP .38. +30%So going by this EoT could be between 657 - 682 +25-30%

More like 22-26%(using 9.45 to 9.7m). ;)

• Like 1

it legitimately makes me lol every time a Frozenite declares Frozen the better movie. It's hilarious

Frozen is better simply bcoz Anna and Elsa are a gazillion times more interesting and likable protagonists than Simba. Also, Olaf >> Timon, Pumba and their tired old flatulence jokes.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Yeah, if someone thinks Frozen is better, then that is fine with me as it is really good. I just think that The Lion King is the greatest WDA film.

Eight months ago I'd probably have agreed with you.
  • Like 3

What I feel are the 3 best animated films ever came out within a three year period:

1992: Aladdin

1994: The Lion King

1995: Toy Story

Nothing has come out since that beats any of those three, although TS3 came close.

• Like 3

Eight months ago I'd probably have agreed with you.

I wouldn't have even then. :P Even as a kid, TLK never resonated with me as much as Aladdin or Mermaid. Matthew Broderick as Adult Simba is such a snooze. Nala, Zazu, Sarabi and the hyenas are all under-developed and Timon and Pumba are overrated. The pinnacle of the movie is the stampede scene and the part of the movie that follows never manages to catch up to that level of greatness ever again.  

That Zimmer score tho!  :o

• Like 2

What I feel are the 3 best animated films ever came out within a three year period:

1992: Aladdin

1994: The Lion King

1995: Toy Story

Nothing has come out since that beats any of those three, although TS3 came close.

My Top "5" animations:

1. Aladdin

2. Frozen and Princess Mononoke tie

4. TS3

5. TS and TS2 tie

• Like 2

What I feel are the 3 best animated films ever came out within a three year period: 1992: Aladdin1994: The Lion King1995: Toy Story Nothing has come out since that beats any of those three, although TS3 came close.

2008-2010 had WALL-E, Bolt, Up, and HTTYD. All of them beat Aladdin and TS (and TS3). Ponyo is also in there.