CaptainJackSparrow

The Digimon Thread: Discuss everything Digimon Related

I had Digimon World 1, it was a lot of fun but weird. Like all the digivolution chains were daft.

Digimon World 3 was so whacked with that whole virus storyline. Shame I never actually finished it, some of the bosses were just insufferably hard for me.

He was the only one that actually had a story line :lol:

The other 3 were copied versions of the dudes from the first season :lol:

:lol:, actually Cody and Yolei weren't copies of previous characters they were just rather annoying, Yolei with her "in your face" attitude and Cody had a damn too high voice in the English dub.

• Like 1

:lol:, actually Cody and Yolei weren't copies of previous characters they were just rather annoying, Yolei with her "in your face" attitude and Cody had a damn too high voice in the English dub.

Well, Mimi was also very fucking annoying. At least the Portuguese dub was unbearable. 

• Like 1

Digimon World 3 was so whacked with that whole virus storyline. Shame I never actually finished it, some of the bosses were just insufferably hard for me.

What about Digimon World 4? I may need to restart it on my PS3 since I have the version that runs PS2 games Because I don't remember much from it. 

Edited by CJohn

Cody's hesitance to do....anything is one of the main reasons I didn't like Season 2. I genuinely found all the sitcom filler with the Season 1 cast better than the plots.

Cody and Yolei were just bad. Davis was an horrendous leader. Ken, TK and Yolei were far better.

Also, fuck the BlackWarGreymon story line. 

Wouldn't know, I only watched the English version.

Yeah, that is why many times I compare both. The portuguese dub was similar. And they made Cody very similar do Joe here as well. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

What about Digimon World 4? I may need to restart it on my PS3 since I have the version that runs PS2 games Because I don't remember much from it. 

It was unique compared to the other three games because you played it as Digimon only. It suffered from being a hack n slash game, and felt like a Kingdom Hearts clone, it wasn't that bad though again I never really finished it.

• Like 1

I love all of the original digidestined.  :wub:

Izzy was always my favorite because aside from being the smart guy, he always seem to have the funniest lines, him and Joe with his constant fears.

Edited by Pokearcher

Yeah, that is why many times I compare both. The portuguese dub was similar. And they made Cody very similar do Joe here as well. 

Heh! I can only imagine what The German or Spanish dub was like.

Edited by Pokearcher

Heh! I can only imagine what The German or Spanish dub was like.

The Portuguese dub made them even worse, it was very bad. I needed a few episodes to realize Cody was a boy. 

Edited by CJohn

The Portuguese dub made them even worse, it was very bad. I needed a few episodes to realize Cody was a boy. 

Cody's voiced by a woman in the English dub too, but it doesn't distract me that much, it's just that the voice is too damn high pitched for my tastes.

Joe trying to call the telephone repairman to tell him the telephones aren't working.  :lol:

When Joe first meets Bukamon, his reaction is priceless "get this thing off me". It really helps to define his character as the scaredy cat who eventually overcomes his fears as the series go on.

• Like 1