CaptainJackSparrow

The Digimon Thread: Discuss everything Digimon Related

The third movie is Battle of Adventurers, in case your wondering. It's about 46m.

Thanks. I will see it maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. But now it is bed time :lol: It is 3:30 AM over here. 

• Like 2

Thanks. I will see it maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. But now it is bed time :lol: It is 3:30 AM over here. 

Night!

It's not even 11pm right now over here, I might watch Revenge of Diaboromon if I feel like it.

Edited by Pokearcher

Game-wise yes.

Anime-wise no.

The truth. Digimon has proper characters that go places, Ash has been stagnant for how many years now? Digimon has really high stakes and isn't afraid to kill of characters, it also deals with divorce, adoption and even depression. It doesn't go into any of those in extreme depth but for a kids show it's very admirable.

• Like 4

Just putting this out there, Fuck Digimon. It's vastly inferior to Pokemon!

I'm afraid that couldn't be further from the truth.

Pokemon games are great, but The Digimon anime is much better than The Pokemon Anime.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 4

I rewatching Season 2 now and enjoying it more than I used to. Davis and Yolei are still poison but almost every episode has some of the original cast and it's so good seeing those guys again.

EDIT: It's pretty weird really that an original digidestined is in nearly every episode. It seems to be an acknowledgement that these new characters are lacking. Also just watched an ep where Yolei doesn't go to the Digiworld to help her friends because she doesn't feel like it, really dislike her.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1

The truth. Digimon has proper characters that go places, Ash has been stagnant for how many years now? Digimon has really high stakes and isn't afraid to kill of characters, it also deals with divorce, adoption and even depression. It doesn't go into any of those in extreme depth but for a kids show it's very admirable.

Not just for a kids show, but for what was essentially marketing for a toy.
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly the first season was amazing, especially the last two story arcs but I haven't watched it in years

Were any of the later seasons any good?

From what I remember, 02 was not as good as the first one, but it was still nice. The third series, Digimon Tamers, was really great. I lost track of the franchise after that. I only watched a few episodes of Frontier.

I remember watching first episode of season 3 where it was said that digimons were not real or something. I was like WTF. complete turn off. Season 1 and 2 were great though. My favourite digimons were Magna Angemon, Black War Greymon and Omnimon. 

Edited by Omario

On 8/2/2014 at 8:42 AM, Omario said:

I remember watching first episode of season 3 where it was said that digimons were not real or something. I was like WTF. complete turn off. Season 1 and 2 were great though. My favourite digimons were Magna Angemon, Black War Greymon and Omnimon. 

You should watch the rest of the series. It's actually much more complicated than that.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

You should have watch the rest of the series. It's actually much more complected than that.

Yeah i always said to myself i would watch it but its been 13 years now and i just don't think i will feel the same connection to digimon that i did when i was younger.