13 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Hook

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This is another case of "critics thought it was terrible but a childhood classic"

This film is such a great film, though I will admit Roberts was miscasted. Still great music (which parts sound like the Potter score) and great film all around.A

8 / 10

Classic. In spite of its flaws, it has a real sense of adventure and fun.

Williams was a perfect Peter Pan. He was often be considered a manchild in some of his performances, with his wacky antics. I did like how he was restrained for most of the film, but when he becomes Peter Pan, he lets it go.

Also Dustin Hoffman was a terrific Captain Hook, and John Williams score was one of my personal favorites of his.

Edited by Pokearcher

Whoops. Don't know why I read Williams instead of Roberts. Thanks Impact.

Yeah, I actually don't mind Julia Roberts in this film, but Tinkerbell should have been a little more forceful and less like an American sweetheart (obviously since she was played an American sweetheart). Then again it is interesting that this film she followed her Pretty Woman success with this.

Anyway I think this is a great film. Nostalgia mind be blinding me. But I love it.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

Critics are often unfair to family films for no reason. (Even worse in the 70s/80s, one reason why ET was so much liked was it came out at a time when family films were scarce and they were either too creepy or too cheesy but that's another topic)

And I wanted a sequel to this when I was 10 :P

• Like 1

I dunna. There a lot of crappy kids movie I'll admit (I don't think this is one, but then again this is a family film not a kids movie, big difference).

Would have liked a sequel too, but I'm glad they didn't. Peter Pan's story was complete anyway. The film was actually a success despite being considered a disappointment at the box office. Sixth highest grossing domestic and 4th worldwide of 1991 (probably in part because Spielberg himself considered the film a disappointment).

Regardless. I think its a terrific movie.

Edited by Pokearcher

This is another case of "critics thought it was terrible but a childhood classic"

This film is such a great film, though I will admit Roberts was miscasted. Still great music (which parts sound like the Potter score) and great film all around.A

Second that I stood up and cheered as did audiences. .Robin Willams took your breath away as he transformed from

a corporate dad that lets his son and kids down to the legend... The Pan.. And man top of notch

stellar performances in Dustin Hoffman, the actor gent that plays smede and the entire cast.

I thought Julia was good in the role. :) Though they definitely could have cast someone better as

the famous Pixie. :) A++

Whoops. Don't know why I read Williams instead of Roberts. Thanks Impact.

Yeah, I actually don't mind Julia Roberts in this film, but Tinkerbell should have been a little more forceful and less like an American sweetheart (obviously since she was played an American sweetheart). Then again it is interesting that this film she followed her Pretty Woman success with this.

Anyway I think this is a great film. Nostalgia mind be blinding me. But I love it.

Its Speilberg and Robin at their best. The visuals and beautiful scenes and SFX match

the incredible efforts of Willams and the cast... Oh and the music when he becomes the Pan still brings

chills up my spine. Did John Willams do the score for this Poke Archer? :)?

Its Speilberg and Robin at their best. The visuals and beautiful scenes and SFX match

the incredible efforts of Willams and the cast... Oh and the music when he becomes the Pan still brings

chills up my spine. Did John Willams do the score for this Poke Archer? :)?

Yes.

• Like 1