baumer

Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014)

16 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

While definitely not without its merits, Sin City: A Dame to Kill for represents a somewhat disappointing sequel in light of the heights that its predecessor reached. Whereas that film felt groundbreaking and slicker than most other films of its type, this one doesn't really differentiate itself from other stylized, heavily digital movies. Nevertheless, it is still more than sufficiently entertaining. Rodriguez's style is still fun to watch, the cast members are clearly having a great deal of fun playing with a smattering of noir tropes, and it's never boring. However, it lacks the same kind of special oomph that the first film had, and that absence is clearest at the end of the film. While the first film had a satisfying and nuanced climax followed by a clever coda, this one ends abruptly even though it intends to provide a moment of catharsis. I enjoyed A Dame to Kill For, and odds are good that many big fans of the original film will probably have fun with it as well; however, it's not the sequel that we were hoping the involved players could deliver.

B

• Like 1

How was Eva Green boob acting ?She pretty much flash her babies in all of her movies plus the occasional full frontal bush nudity.

I'd say she shows her boobs in half her scenes, half of which are a bit obscured by shadowing.

She's only done full frontal in her first film The Dreamers.

watching sin city 2 a dame to kill for ! it isnt bad , the story , plot  B-

the editing gets a C

i mean i like the sleak noir look of the film A+ but the rest doesnt live up to its standard!

eva green hey if you have it flaunt it right lol, she'll always have the films to remember how hot she was when she was young !

jessica alba if she did her own stunt , damn girl knows how to strip dance !

i was bummed eva character didnt get her way , she was badass, so were the chick of old town !

movie was a bit disjointed but more importantly this sequel came out way tooo late, like i'm watching but couldnt remember what went on in the first one to save my life , a bit disappointed in JGL character and his one trick pony that was aka doing same thing and expecting different result when the other person isnt playing by the same rules! pffff

i gave it a C but its more like a B- that got an extra minus for not improving on predecessor while also waiting to long to be made while still relevant !