Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

A movie doesn't drop 50%+ its first four weekends if it's generally well-liked, or has the slightest semblance of good WOM.

It had a very specific Alien fanboy audience waiting for it though which most rushed out to see for the big OW.   Prometheus was never gonna have a 4-5x multiplier and reach 200m-250m given the R-rating and genre(scifi horror) even if the nature of the film didn't turn out to be so divisive.  All those 250m predictions(which Alien adjusts to) were absurd, this isn't 1979.  The best I think it could've done was around 175m.

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 2

You think TDKR is better than Lawrence Of Arabia, Taxi Driver, Full Metal Jacket, Chinatown, Metropolis, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Raging Bull, Elephant Man, Blade Runner.

You're the one who is delusional living in Nolanland fantasy indeed, mate. You pretty much demonstrated I was right.

IMDB = (Nolan) Fanboys popularity contest over quality.

I only watched 2001 of these movies and I can say that I HATED IT, H-A-T-E-D. Yes I didn't understand the movie, but I searched for several explanations and watched a second time, still hating the movie. TDKR definitely better than 2001.

IMDB! Yes!

And you have provided ZERO evidence to support your claim.

Both Critics and Viewers dissagree with you from the main polling sites.

Haters are allergic to knowlege.

After I proved to you critics gave their approval I have done the same with the general public.

You are grasping for straws.

7.2 is pretty low for a film aimed at an Internet-savvy geek demographic.

No it isn't. Take a look at films aimed directly at geek fandoms

Thor, Cowboys and Aliens, Green Lantern, Xmen movies, Tekken movie... what are you talking about

geek movies get lower raitings all the time.

Plus you had haters admitting they gave it One Star, calling it "the worst film of all time". Anyone who thinks Prometheus is the worst film of all time, let alone the year belongs in a mental hospital. You can tell it's a great film when you have the people who disliked it being this hyperbolic. When checking on the statistics it's revealed that they are a sad small and shriveled vocal minority. Mostly Nolan fanboys. I remember a long thread on the Nolan IMDb board saying to vote all other summer films 1 star. Truly pathetic and artistically bankrupt.

Also I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but Prometheus has a much higher Rotten Tomatoes score than the Hobbit.

So next time you don't like something, say "in my opinion" or you will once again be showcased as either a:

Fool [can't check facts]

or a

Liar [spreading a false agenda intentionally]

Edited by space biscuit

No it isn't. Take a look at films aimed directly at geek fandomsThor, Cowboys and Aliens, Green Lantern, Xmen movies, Tekken movie... what are you talking aboutgeek movies get lower raitings all the time. Plus you had haters admitting they gave it One Star, calling it "the worst film of all time". Anyone who thinks Prometheus is the worst film of all time, let alone the year belongs in a mental hospital. You can tell it's a great film when you have the people who disliked it being this hyperbolic. When checking on the statistics it's revealed that they are a sad small and shriveled vocal minority. Mostly Nolan fanboys. I remember a long thread on the Nolan IMDb board saying to vote all other summer films 1 star. Truly pathetic and artistically bankrupt. Also I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but Prometheus has a much higher Rotten Tomatoes score than the Hobbit. So next time you don't like something, say "in my opinion" or you will once again be showcased as either a:Fool [can't check facts]or aLiar [spreading a false agenda intentionally]

You're tilting at windmills, dude. Keep arguing against that strawman you've built.

So if we must go by RT critics which rate Aliens at 98% so Aliens is better than Prometheus thus your opinion is wrong too, pal.

Aliens used to be at 100% on RT. Not sure what happened.

also your stance was that critically Prometheus was rated bad - FALSE

your stance was that audience wise Prometheus was rated bad - FALSE

Yes those things have nothing to do with if you personally like a film or not, but you claiming people thing it's a bad film = False based on the evidence and statistics we have.

Cry some more  ;)

You, hater, are in the M I N O R I T Y.

Edited by space biscuit

Aliens used to be at 100% on RT. Not sure what happened.

also your stance was that critically Prometheus was rated bad - FALSE

your stance was that audience wise Prometheus was rated bad - FALSE

My stance? Find me where I said that? I said I find that Prometheus is a piece of crap.That's what I said and then you're turning mad to prove our opinions are wrong by using RT as proof.

You're losing your mind, pal. Are you 5 years old?

You only rely on RT to prove other opinions wrong even if that's just their opinions so now I show you Aliens is better rated than Prometheus. Since you think Aliens is crap, by your logic, you're wrong. So STFU.

Edited by dashrendar44

Nice loaded question.

and I never said Aliens was crap. I called it enjoyable, but led the series to ruin and of course not as good as the Ridley/Giger films. Not even canon.  Please find where I said it was crap.

So you're not arguing that Prometheus "wasn't" a success anymore? and you ADMIT that it was a success both with critics and audience members?

Good :)

and to the rest of trolls

DEAL WITH IT

Posted Image

Edited by space biscuit