baumer

Last of the Mohicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Last of the Mohicans

My parents are suckers for historical epics with a love story or revenge.

They loved Gladiator for example (however my dad does not believe the Romans built something as big as the Coliseum back then) 

Going to rewatch this tonight Lordmandeep.. Thanks buddy now you and the gang got me into this film again.

:)..... " I WILL FIND YOU!!" " JUST STAY ALIVE!!!"

Didn't you also laugh during the Chris Evans monologue in SNOWPIERCER? :unsure::ph34r:

No, that movie didn't make me laugh once. It did make me check the time quite a few times, same for this one.

EDIT: I checked my 'review' since I have a really bad memory about Snowpiercer even though I saw it only 4 months ago and this is what I found:

The only good things are a couple of surprises and Evans' acting in one scene.

I believe we're thinking about the same scene :)

Edited by darkelf

No, that movie didn't make me laugh once. It did make me check the time quite a few times, same for this one. EDIT: I checked my 'review' since I have a really bad memory about Snowpiercer even though I saw it only 4 months ago and this is what I found: I believe we're thinking about the same scene :)

Sorry, I'm confusing you with someone else. :)

I think you posted this in the wrong thread, Kal. I took the liberty of moving it here.

SNOWPIERCER is great, you should definitely check it out.

THanks my friend. Yep I noticed.. Sorry about that Hows your evening going Tele.. And did you look at the long

vvideo on the moonbase thingy. Listen to it when you get a chance. Im over here watching Trueblood(Last season :()

EEP!.. And Definitey want to see it guy, damn you guys making me feel bad that it doesnt go well for Evans though.

:'( Hope Im pleasantly suprised.. I prefer Evan's character portrayals to win out.

A great film and one of my all time favorites.  The film is almost worth watching just for the soundtrack.  Lots of tension, a believable romance, great action scenes, compelling characters and a gritty (non-hollywood style) ending.   This may not have been DDL's best performance but he does a good enough job.  I thought Nathaniel's father and brother were well played which made the ending even more bittersweet for me.  A good film to attempt to imagine the brutal life that early pioneers had to endure (though they didn't have that cool music playing in the background).

A+

• Like 1

Loved it!

A lush, beautiful and sweeping action adventure. The soaring and gorgeous score is an all-timer (I adored the violin motif that played during the final chase scene on the mountainside, and the achingly beautiful theme when DDL told the story of the sun, moon and the stars).

The movie also shows that you don't need three and a half hours to tell an epic story.

9/10

• Like 3