baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

So Trank getting canned from Star Wars would have affected my F4 prediction if the news came in time

Its kinda funny.  I actually did bump down my F4 prediction (both domestic and WW), in part because of that and in part because its release is close enough to the closing date that it might lose a few million bucks.  However, I forgot that I had picked F4 as the top grosser on... question 3 or whatever it is, and I forgot to also bump that number down.  So now I've accidentally predicted 2 different totals for F4 in the same game.  I guess I'll view it as risk-spreading.

Edited by Wrath

I sincerely doubt Trank's removal from the Star Wars film will affect F4 directly. I bet most of the general audience didn't even know he was doing a Star Wars film in the first place.

No, I don't think it's his firing (specifically) that causes worry. It's that news has come out about how he handled things on F4, and it sounds like it was a total clusterfuck, with Fox pulling experienced producers off other movies just so they could get shit done during the shooting. That doesn't exactly bode well for quality.

• Like 1

No, I don't think it's his firing (specifically) that causes worry. It's that news has come out about how he handled things on F4, and it sounds like it was a total clusterfuck, with Fox pulling experienced producers off other movies just so they could get shit done during the shooting. That doesn't exactly bode well for quality.

Oh, that could definitely be the case, although such things abound in Hollywood history, without necessarily correlating to anything wrong with the final product. (I seem to remember hearing it happen with Fury Road, and you know how that turned out.)

I meant that specifically Trank's firing isn't going to have any direct effect, even if it indicates there are other issues with the film. Then again, even if its crap it still might sell great. Who knows with audiences.

• Like 2

Oh, that could definitely be the case, although such things abound in Hollywood history, without necessarily correlating to anything wrong with the final product. (I seem to remember hearing it happen with Fury Road, and you know how that turned out.)

Point taken, although something like WWZ is probably a better example.

• Like 1

Point taken, although something like WWZ is probably a better example.

That too. And didn't the first Iron Man not even have a script when it shot? (Granted, neither did TF2, so there's a HUGE range in possible quality you can get there.)

In any case, I think my point is that people here (who are generally in the know) tend to overreact to news about things relating to fanboy appealing films as if they're bigger and more important than news about other films and will thus impact the final box office more.

Edited by DamienRoc
  • Like 1

So Trank getting canned from Star Wars would have affected my F4 prediction if the news came in time

Same. :(

He got fired.

Do you have more inside info than we do, or you just going off THR? Not that I think he wasn't :P

I'm just going off the rumors and general sentiment. I haven't seen anything that hints he stepped away of his own accord.

Dang :( I was hoping he burst through the Lab Rats editing room on the way out, screaming obscenities mixed with Star Wars 7 spoilers.

:P

That too. And didn't the first Iron Man not even have a script when it shot? (Granted, neither did TF2, so there's a HUGE range in possible quality you can get there.)

In any case, I think my point is that people here (who are generally in the know) tend to overreact to news about things relating to fanboy appealing films as if they're bigger and more important than news about other films and will thus impact the final box office more.

So, does this mean that TF2 had a script by the time it *finished* shooting?  Kinda hard to tell.

• Like 1

Guys. I copied and pasted everyone's answers into an excel. I've given access to b. My advice though is DO NOT edit your post though. If u want to win ;)

although idk what these answers are 3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews

Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number? So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number. You guys know the drill.

Good morning players.

It's no secret that I have not been around nearly as much this year so far.  I am really struggling to find time to do the game and this is the reason I actually considered not doing one this year or just letting Chas run it.  When I ran the game before I used to work in an office where I could dedicate so much time to it during the week but now driving a bus and getting myself back into the world of the living after a divorce, well, it makes things more difficult for me.

I am sorry things haven't been smooth so far.  I will do my best to spend more time on the game.  I owe it to you guys, the players who put so much effort into the game, to be here a bit more often.  

The scoring will be done today, the standings will be done today, the SOTM 2 will be done today.  Again, I apologize for my absence but it's just there's only so many hours in the day and I think I need more of them.

Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry to have let you guys down so far.  I'm going to try to make it better.

Thanks,

baumer

• Like 7

Good morning players.

It's no secret that I have not been around nearly as much this year so far.  I am really struggling to find time to do the game and this is the reason I actually considered not doing one this year or just letting Chas run it.  When I ran the game before I used to work in an office where I could dedicate so much time to it during the week but now driving a bus and getting myself back into the world of the living after a divorce, well, it makes things more difficult for me.

I am sorry things haven't been smooth so far.  I will do my best to spend more time on the game.  I owe it to you guys, the players who put so much effort into the game, to be here a bit more often.  

The scoring will be done today, the standings will be done today, the SOTM 2 will be done today.  Again, I apologize for my absence but it's just there's only so many hours in the day and I think I need more of them.

Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry to have let you guys down so far.  I'm going to try to make it better.

Thanks,

baumer

Shut up. You are not letting anyone down B. Take your time. smile.gif

• Like 1