8 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Amadeus

I had toyed with watching this for a while. The 3 hour runtime was the part that always made me turn away, though I had heard how great it was. Late one night a few weeks back I finally decided to take it on, and I'm glad I did. The lead performances were spectacular and I loved the flashback timeline. I love classical music, so it wasn't too hard for me to like this film, but it was a unique look into the life of a legend. It's definitely on my all time list now.A

• Like 1

I was avoiding this movie because I got burned by other tedious overlong historical epics of the 80s that won BP (Gandhi,Out of Africa, Last Emperor) and it looked just like them.

This movie is nothing like an average historical biopic. Instead of this genius did this and then he did that - (childhood flashback!) - and then in the end he changed the world blah blah blah like so many tedious biographies of great and/or iconic personalities, Milos Forman did something else. He turned the famous historical figure into a supporting character in order to talk about how it is to be mediocre and striving for excellence. The movie is fun, surprising and heartbreaking. 

I would recommend it to anyone who has reservations because of its genre.

A.