Purple Minion

Central America Box Office | Inside Out 2 becomes most attended movie ever!

SO close for IW to become the #1 movie ever! $9.85M after 2 weekends. Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Does anyone have any kind of clue about Coco gross or admissions here? Is the only market in Latin America where I have absolutely no idea about Coco performance 

Well this was the top 10 here in Panama 

So...I'm sure Coco did well but nothing huge 

Ano-record-taquilla-local_LPRIMA20180109

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

Well this was the top 10 here in Panama 

So...I'm sure Coco did well but nothing huge 

Ano-record-taquilla-local_LPRIMA20180109

Thanks, but this is calendar year? Because if is until 31st December 2017 Coco could have done great and missed it since it opened on 30th November. I looked in Comscore's twitter and it remained in the top ten until late February. 

However, I see that animation isn't as big here as in the rest of Latin America and Despicable Me 3 did just $500k USD so I guess it didn't make that much. Curiously enough, the only thing I managed to find was some random numbers from Honduras where it had almost the same admissions as Jumanji so maybe there's hope? 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Thanks, but this is calendar year? Because if is until 31st December 2017 Coco could have done great and missed it since it opened on 30th November. I looked in Comscore's twitter and it remained in the top ten until late February. 

However, I see that animation isn't as big here as in the rest of Latin America and Despicable Me 3 did just $500k USD so I guess it didn't make that much. Curiously enough, the only thing I managed to find was some random numbers from Honduras where it had almost the same admissions as Jumanji so maybe there's hope? 

Almost sure is calendar year...is hard to find detail info in this region :sadno:

Animation is quite huge here but well-known properties (Finding Dory, Minions, etc)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Weekend Top 5. What's the movie at #2?

It's a local movie from here (Panama)

A comedy about a famous panamanian's instagramer in Russia for the World Cup :D

We are living happy days for our first world cup

• Like 1

Panamanian World Cup rom-com Frozen In Russia (Congelado En Rusia) has capitalised on the country’s first ever participation in the football tournament to become the national all-time box office champion in a little over two weeks.

As of Sunday, writer-director Arturo Montenegro’s smash stood at 147,941 admissions and $712,034 and counting, eclipsing the eight-year record of Chance, which finished on 136,039 admissions and $475,271.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/world-cup-comedy-frozen-in-russia-becomes-all-time-panama-champion-exclusive/5130240.article

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Panamanian World Cup rom-com Frozen In Russia (Congelado En Rusia) has capitalised on the country’s first ever participation in the football tournament to become the national all-time box office champion in a little over two weeks.

As of Sunday, writer-director Arturo Montenegro’s smash stood at 147,941 admissions and $712,034 and counting, eclipsing the eight-year record of Chance, which finished on 136,039 admissions and $475,271.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/world-cup-comedy-frozen-in-russia-becomes-all-time-panama-champion-exclusive/5130240.article

Nice!

Incredibles 2 were huge this weekend tho