sfran43

Weekend Actual #'s FF 7 = $17.82M

Um who do you think? Box office nerds.

Well, maybe I'm falling out of that but 350m now is nowhere near as impressive to me as 350m just 10 years ago. While it was considered an uber-blockbuster, were we really that blown away by Narnia's 292m back in 2005 for example? F7 will not reach Narnia's adjusted 372m. That said, I'm FULLY aware of how crazy it is a FF film is competing with fantasy/sci-fi/superhero franchise films, but I'm just trying to retain some perspective. F7's OS performance completely and utterly overshadows its (still awesome) DOM performance. It's just the way it is.

• Like 1

What the fuck is wrong with this country?

I dunno, we are also letting China beat us with F7. Take Blart 2's DOM gross and add it to F7 and we would still have the highest gross for F7.

gvDdF.gif

Well, maybe I'm falling out of that but 350m now is nowhere near as impressive to me as 350m just 10 years ago. While it was considered an uber-blockbuster, were we really that blown away by Narnia's 292m back in 2005 for example? F7 will not reach Narnia's adjusted 372m. That said, I'm FULLY aware of how crazy it is a FF film is competing with fantasy/sci-fi/superhero franchise films, but I'm just trying to retain some perspective. F7's OS performance completely and utterly overshadows its (still awesome) DOM performance. It's just the way it is.

Well yes it overshadows domestic to a certain degree but we can't ignore the fact that this series topped out domestically at $237m. $350m is a huge increase. Can't overlook an over $100m increase. 

• Like 1

The studios still get a bigger cut from the domestic gross too. Obviously with movies that gross far more overseas, that's countered by the the overall larger amount, but domestic is still a big deal.

That s why Lionsgate probably made more with the two first Hunger Games movies than some 900m-1B WW grossers.

Well yes it overshadows domestic to a certain degree but we can't ignore the fact that this series topped out domestically at $237m. $350m is a huge increase. Can't overlook an over $100m increase. 

I'll see your 100m+ increase and raise you over a half a billion(OS). :P