Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Let them fight, the tides of Pandora will come unnoticed.

Until Avatar 2 fails to reach $600M+ domestic, and you have a breakdown like Blankments did this weekend.

Edited by YourMother

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Anything over $2B would be great for Avatar 2

Sure anything over $2.066b would be great for Avatar 2 from a financial point of view.

I'm ironjimbo though, anything less than the first will be unexpected for me.

Just so you know, I have absolute confidence the A2 will be even better than the first. Doesn't have to do any world building and he has said in interviews that the story is richer than anticipated. He is giving this film his all, which means it's going to be damn good.

Edited by IronJimbo

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Sure anything over $2.066b would be great for Avatar 2 from a financial point of view.

I'm ironjimbo though, anything less than the first will be unexpected for me.

Just so you know, I have absolute confidence the A2 will be better than the first.

I also believe Avatar 2 will be another crowd pleaser but if there's one thing I learned about box office is never go too big for sequels no matter how big the original was.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

Yo @IronJimbo do you think it is possible for Avatar 2 to make over $1 billion in China?

Foreign films in china can only be in cinema for 1 month, Jim is trying to get that extended and Avatar is has an environmental message which China is big on at the moment.

With the 1 month period I'm expecting 500-700m.

With 3-6 months in Cinema AND lots of magic, $1b is maybe just maybe possible. Currently The Mermaid sits at #1 with like $560m, it would be a monumental  leap.

If you look at this list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_China

You will see only 1 film from last decade. That's Avatar, China loved it but the size of the Chinese cinema was almost 5x smaller in 2009.

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I also believe Avatar 2 will be another crowd pleaser but if there's one thing I learned about box office is never go too big for sequels no matter how big the original was.

Something I've also learned is to not use regular patterns and theories with Cameron films.

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Something I've also learned is to not use regular patterns and theories with Cameron films.

Be aware of competition Jimbo, confidence leads to big expectations, big expectations leads to disappointment, disappointment leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Be aware of competition Jimbo, confidence leads to big expectations, big expectations leads to disappointment, disappointment leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side.

Only the competition will have anything to fear.