Neo

Snowpiercer | Now in Theaters and VOD

Still trying to find the best one I guess. Could this be better than ELYSIUM?

I wouldn't go that far :lol: If we're talking about critics, I don't know, they might come in with similar scores and critics reactions cause both seems like the type of movies that critics are sweet on. Otoh, personal enjoyment is subjective. Even though both are sci-fi, this is also more of a thriller. Personally, I'm excited for this movie far more than Elysium cause I have watched and loved other works of the director, so I have high hope for this one. Plus, it has Song Kang Ho - a talented Korean actor I love :) Chris Evans is a bonus too, I always enjoyed his performances, very solid actor :)BTW, thank you for posting and sharing those character posters, kayu :D Edited by Sam

I wouldn't go that far :lol: If we're talking about critics, I don't know, they might come in with similar scores and critics reactions cause both seems like the type of movies that critics are sweet on. Otoh, personal enjoyment is subjective. Even though both are sci-fi, this is also more of a thriller. Personally, I'm excited for this movie far more than Elysium cause I have watched and loved other works of the director, so I have high hope for this one. Plus, it has Song Kang Ho - a talented Korean actor I love :) Chris Evans is a bonus too, I always enjoyed his performances, very solid actor :)BTW, thank you for posting and sharing those character posters, kayu :D

Ha ha, no prob! So excited for this.

The Weinsteins are probably trying to figure out what they're going to cut out

:( But why though? Are they famous for cutting out parts of movies?

I hope for a confirmed release date soon. And crossing fingers that it will be a wide enough release so that it can be found at a theater near me.

Edited by Sam

:( But why though? Are they famous for cutting out parts of movies?

They're legendary for it. Especially (though not exclusively) with Asian movies. Pretty much all of the Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies released through Dimension were cut. Plus Farewell My Concubine, Iron Monkey, Tears of the Black Tiger, Shaolin Soccer, Hero, Tom Yum Goong, Wu Xia, the list goes on. That said, I've seen nothing indicating that Snowpiercer will be cut, I'm just making a cynical assumption. But don't be shocked if I'm right.

Edited by Bob Violence

They're legendary for it. Especially (though not exclusively) with Asian movies. Pretty much all of the Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies released through Dimension were cut. Plus Farewell My Concubine, Iron Monkey, Tears of the Black Tiger, Shaolin Soccer, Hero, Tom Yum Goong, Wu Xia, the list goes on. That said, I've seen nothing indicating that Snowpiercer will be cut, I'm just making a cynical assumption. But don't be shocked if I'm right.

I didn't know that so thanks for the info, Bob. I wonder why, some kinds of censorship? I hope Snowpiercer will not get cut, Bong Joon Ho is a brilliant director who knows what he's doing. I think he's perfect for movies like these. Well, if it indeed got cut, I'll still watch it of course, but gonna have to look out for non-US/Korean/uncut version to get the whole movie then.

I didn't know that so thanks for the info, Bob. I wonder why, some kinds of censorship?

Just Harvey Weinstein's ideas of what American audiences want. But then about half the movies on that list got dumped anyway (the only reason Tears of the Black Tiger was released at all is because the Weinsteins left Miramax and the new management sold it off to another distributor), so the whole re-editing exercise was pointless. Hopefully Bong has final cut and the wherewithal to resist any ridiculous demands.

Just Harvey Weinstein's ideas of what American audiences want. But then about half the movies on that list got dumped anyway (the only reason Tears of the Black Tiger was released at all is because the Weinsteins left Miramax and the new management sold it off to another distributor), so the whole re-editing exercise was pointless. Hopefully Bong has final cut and the wherewithal to resist any ridiculous demands.

I see. It indeed sounds pointless. Yeah, I would love it if they don't cut things and keep whatever product Bong put out there  :) I have faith in the guy that it will be good.