AndyLL

Welcome to the Box Office Theory Derby

Shawn, myself, and the rest of the staff are excited to announce the opening of Box Office Theory's Derby!

The revival of the Derby has been a goal of Shawn's since he took over the forums and after several attempts we are excited to finally make it available to all forum members.

The format is a bit different then the old Derby game but we are confident that members of all skill levels will have fun participating in the game.

The game is still in an early stage.  We will continue to enhance it as we receive feedback.

Along with the Derby, we have redesigned the Box Office Theory website.  The Box Office Theory Amazon store has found a new home and the new website should help draw in new forum members.

I would like to publicly thank Shawn for giving me this opportunity to develop the new Website and Derby.  It's an honor to be a staff member on the best box office forum on the internet.

I would also like to thank all the staff and premium members that helped test the Derby.  

http://boxofficetheory.com/  - Main Website

http://derby.boxofficetheory.com/ - Derby

AndyLL

• Like 20

• Founder / Operator

Thank you, Andy! This wouldn't have been possible without the efforts you've put into programming and building the game this year. You've gone above and beyond, sir.

I can't wait for everyone to start playing. This week marks the first publicly open game, and next week the official standings will go into effect just in time for that small little movie coming out on the 18th.

We'll have further updates about additional prizes that will be available to Seasonal, Yearly, and possibly Monthly winners.

More to come soon... :)

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Goffe said:

There's goes my productivity...

you guys are the best.

Seriously. Don't you people know that I have deadlines this week? I'm hoping there will be a sub-section on best excuses for not getting actual work done because of time spent on box-office related analysis.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Seriously. Don't you people know that I have deadlines this week? I'm hoping there will be a sub-section on best excuses for not getting actual work done because of time spent on box-office related analysis.

In doing the test games I realized how hard it is to come up with reasonable predictions for 10 movies... many of them I don't follow on a constant basis.

• Like 4

• Community Manager

There is a small update. I know the e-mail said we'd be giving out one-month premium accounts to the weekly winners. That applies only to this test weekend  and next week's official launch weekend. After that, we'll be doing that for monthly winners only. Weekly winners will instead get a special group "Derby Champion" giving them Gold Account benefits for a week. There's also a special surprise for these derby winners!

But for this weekend and next weekend, people will get the Derby Champion award for a week along with $10 credit into their account for one-month access to a Premium Account. You can also use that credit to get a cheaper kind of account for more than one month.

The monthly winners will get the Derby Winner group masking for a week and then credit for a Premium Account (which would last a month). Seasonal and Yearly winners will likely get credit for a Gold Account (which would last a month) after the weekly Derby Champion access along with a gift card of some kind. You don't have to use the credit for that account type: you can use it to buy more than one month of a cheaper kind of account.

Disclaimer: This is a not-for-profit site. We solicit donations to pay for server and other site-related costs only. The account credit is simply a way for us to use our forum software to deliver rewards and not in any way an indication that it is a for-profit endeavor.

• Like 3