DeeCee

Forget pirates, the film industry has plundered itself

WIth the world now so interconnected the entertainment business needs to take a global approach to the release of their product. Facebook, Twitter etc are not some regional service only available to people in the US. The studios wish to create an online presence for their product yet for many new movies and TV shows exclude 95% of the world's population by giving them no legal way to view said film or TV show at the time of it's US release. And then they wonder why people in other countries use other means to watch what they want when they want.There has to be a better model that makes everyone happy.

I think the main thing to take away from that article, is that they need to stop delaying all adult skewing releases in other countries. There's no excuse for it anymore with the way distribution can be done now. And it does encourage pirates because of it. Unfortunately, delays for family skewing films does make sense, to take advantage of school holidays.

lab276 , thanks for link that article was funny and true, but how many people really stop to think about this stuff and realize what they're doing !but its still sweeping generalization, when i was small back in the 80's i still didnt go outside to play despite the 3 channels available on tv, from age 6 i fell into a book addiction , give me a good book to read and i might not reemerge to daylight until next day!