Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Skyfall just isn't an actors film, they won't warm to it or take it seriously.Support for Skyfall will come from the techs.

That's why I only said Dench. Dench is one of the old veterans, and I think she has enough prestige to get in.

Also it probably is one of her last roles....sadly she is going blind so yeah.

I know. It's so tragic. I just hope she can get a few more meaty roles before she goes blind. I heard she was returning for a sequel to Exotic Marigold hotel.

I would think she has a better chance at a MARIGOLD nom than a SKYFALL one.

She'll get the Skyfall one, simply because in Marigold I believe she's getting campaigned as lead so there's no chance of her getting in there. They'll probably throw her a nod in Supporting instead.

I said I could "possibly" see Lincoln winning, though my feelings are a little more forceful than that. It certainly has the makings of a winner. I think it has a better shot being on top at the end of the race than Argo does, which is not to take anything away from that awesome film. Right now, it's all about Les Mis being the film we think it could (or should) be. I have a feeling Zero Dark Thirty will be good enough to score a nod, but winning is tougher to see. At least by this time next week, both films will have screened so we'll finally have a firm grasp on how things will shake out.My current rankings (I think the top five are in for sure):1. Lincoln2. Argo3. Silver Linings4. Les Mis5. Life of Pi6. Zero Dark Thirty7. The Impossible8. Amour9. Beasts of the Southern Wild10. Moonrise Kingdom

I think it's entirely possible that Lincoln or Les Mis or even Zero Dark Thirty wins Best Picture but Affleck ends up winning Director because of the respect people have for him nowadays and they may not want to give it to Spielberg/Hooper/Bigelow again.

• Like 2

I think it's entirely possible that Lincoln or Les Mis or even Zero Dark Thirty wins Best Picture but Affleck ends up winning Director because of the respect people have for him nowadays and they may not want to give it to Spielberg/Hooper/Bigelow again.

It'd have to be a race so tight that the result balances on the edge of a razor for it to happen. Splits only happen when the race is very, very tight. If one of the films like Les Mis emerges as the front runner then it'll get both BP and BD.

I have mentoined this before-but splits tend to happen when a director is overdue or is more known. Even when Hitchock and Copala lost but there films won picture.Only in 2000 was the lesser known director the winner in the split (at least among recent times)