Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

My personal wins:Picture - AmourDirector - Michael HanekeActor - Jean Louis-TrintignantActress - Emmanuelle RivaSupporting Actor - Garrett HedlundSupporting Actress - Maggie SmithOriginal Screenplay - AmourAdapted Screenplay - Argo

Nah, she was alright at best. That movie was such an awful, contrived piece of shit though and it should be nowhere near any discussion of any kind of award ever.

Someone evidently has a misconstrued sense of taste. It's not a masterpiece by any chance but it's still a good movie.

I'm surprised anyone under the age of 97 could think of it as a good movie, but whatever.

I find that insulting. It's for me it's a fairly good light-hearted comedy. 3rd to Moonrise (2nd) and Hope Springs (1st) this year. Not far behind those two though. It's certainly better than a fair few of the movie gaining momentum in the Oscar race this year.

The frontrunner mantle has clearly shifted now from Argo to Lincoln. It is a dangerous proposition to put a difficult film like Lincoln in that position but only someone who knows nothing about the Oscars — or those deliberately blinkered from reality — would fail to see the buzz for Lincoln building in momentum.

http://www.awardsdaily.com/blog/2012/11/20/the-state-of-the-race-defining-an-oscar-frontrunner/

Easy to see after Lincoln's OW gross.