A District 3 Engineer

Monday #'s: TR 1.47M | TFA 1.29M | RA2 0.96M | DG 0.92M | 13H 0.9M | 5W 0.72M | TB 0.71M |

9 hours ago, James said:

Off topic, but just finished re-watching The Da Vinci Code. Haven't seen it in some years and forgot how insanely entertaining it is. Can't wait for Inferno. Ron Howard better give me that 3 hour epic time.

You think so? Only saw it once and thought it was ok. I need to see it again for research on this script I'm writing.

7 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

You think so? Only saw it once and thought it was ok. I need to see it again for research on this script I'm writing.

Yeah. I mean, despite being almost 3 hours long it is so fast paced and Zimmer's soundtrack is incredible. Gives me goosebumps at some points. Watched it with a friend who hasn't read the book and only saw parts of the movie so she didn't remember a thing. The moment of the reveal at the end was incredibly funny: I got to watch her jaw drop.:rofl:

What's your script about?

Edited by James

Ok sweet, well I will definitely check it out again soon.

Are you familiar at all with the Voynich Manuscript? If not, feel free to Google it. It'll blow your mind. Basically, my script is a mystery / adventure type of film in the same type as National Treasure, Indiana Jones, and The Da Vinca Code. I am not speaking of their quality, just the kind of basic structure of discovering mysteries, going on adventures, etc. 

One of my best friends and my dad said The Da Vinca Code book is incredible, but at the time I saw the film in theaters I thought it was 2.5 stars out of 4. My girlfriend really liked it. Since I only saw it once, it could easily have been just... a bad mood, or something. I'm looking forward to seeing it again for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Ok sweet, well I will definitely check it out again soon.

Are you familiar at all with the Voynich Manuscript? If not, feel free to Google it. It'll blow your mind. Basically, my script is a mystery / adventure type of film in the same type as National Treasure, Indiana Jones, and The Da Vinca Code. I am not speaking of their quality, just the kind of basic structure of discovering mysteries, going on adventures, etc. 

One of my best friends and my dad said The Da Vinca Code book is incredible, but at the time I saw the film in theaters I thought it was 2.5 stars out of 4. My girlfriend really liked it. Since I only saw it once, it could easily have been just... a bad mood, or something. I'm looking forward to seeing it again for sure.

Sounds good. I love this type of books/movies. TDC book is better than the movie. Same with Angels & Demons. Makes things much more believable and Dan Brown has a talent of describing things and places that makes it even better than seeing it in a film. 

• Like 1